cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Evo 4G FAQ - Connectivity and Internet

When I click on a media link in the browser, will it play the file?

When clicking a media link in the browser, the installed media player will play the file. Some file types may not be supported by the media player.

How do I share contacts with other people?

To send contact information via Email, Bluetooth, or MMS as a vCard, on the All tab of the People application, press and hold the contact you want to send, and then tap Send contact as vCard. Choose the Send type and then tap Send.

How do I setup an Internet email account?

From the All Programs screen, tap Mail. If this is the first email account, follow the on-screen prompts to set up the desired type of email. If this is not the first email account, tap Menu > More > New account and follow the on-screen prompts.

How do I setup email using Microsoft Exchange Server?

You can sync with a Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) or later versions. On the All Programs menu tap Mail. Follow the on-screen prompts to setup the email account. At the end of the wizard, select the type of information you want to synchronize and then tap Finish setup.Note that you may need information from your Exchange Server Administrator to complete the setup. Consult them for any necessary extra settings.

How do I connect to the Internet using Wi-Fi®?

To use Wi-Fi on your phone, you need access to a wireless access point or “hotspot”. On the Home screen, tap Menu > Settings > Wireless & networks. Select the Wi-Fi check box to turn Wi-Fi on. The phone will scan for available wireless networks. Tap Wi-Fi settings. Tap a Wi-Fi network to connect.

How do I use Internet Sharing (use your phone as a modem)?

Connect the phone to the computer using the provided USB cable. When the dialog box appears, tap Internet Sharing and then tap Done.

NOTE: The appropriate feature must be added to the plan to allow this function to work.

What is Airplane mode?

Airplane mode turns off all wireless communication abilities to comply with airline regulations.

How do I set up a VPN on my phone?

To setup a VPN on your phone, press Menu on the Home screen, and then tap Settings > Wireless & networks > VPN settings > Add VPN > select a type of VPN you want to create then input the VPN Settings. Press Menu > Save when you are finished.

NOTE: Please ask your IT administrator for your VPN settings.

How many users does the Wi-Fi hotspot function support?

Up to eight users can connect simultaneously.

Original Source: http://www.htc.com/us/support/evo-sprint/help/connectivity

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎10-19-2010 02:10 PM
Updated by:

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.