TkbArticlePage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Evo 4G FAQ - GPS

What is GPS?

GPS (Global Positioning System) is a satellite-based radio navigation system that consists of three segments: the satellite constellation, ground control network, and user equipment. People use GPS on their mobile devices with navigation software applications such as Sprint Navigation.

How do I turn on GPS?

On the Home screen tap Menu > Settings > Location > Use GPS satellites.

What could be causing my phone to get a poor GPS signal?

The GPS signal cannot pass through solid non-transparent objects. Signal reception may be affected by obstructions such as high-rise buildings, tunnels, bridges, forests, weather (rainy or cloudy days), etc.

How do I use GPS on my phone?

In order for you to use GPS on your phone in applications such as Footprints and Google Maps™, first turn on GPS. On the Home screen tap Menu > Settings > Location > Use GPS satellites.

If you are having trouble connecting to a GPS satellite, try the following to see if you can help.

1. Make sure that Use Wireless Networks is checked in the settings menu located at Menu > Settings > Location.
  2. Make sure you have a clear unobstructed view of the sky. Things such as ceilings, roofs, and weather may affect GPS performance.
  3. To achieve the best performance, try to place yourself in an area for there is a 360-degree view of the sky. Tall buildings and walls may slightly affect GPS performance.

Original source:  http://www.htc.com/us/support/evo-sprint/help/gps

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎10-07-2010 03:03 PM
Updated by:

Tags (2)
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.