cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung FAQ - Developer - How Do I Side Load Applications On My Sprint SPH-d700 Epic 4G Phone Using The Android Debugging Bridge (ADB)?

How Do I Side Load Applications On My Sprint SPH-d700 Epic 4G Phone Using The Android Debugging Bridge (ADB)?

How Do Find The ADB Drivers & Install Them On A PC For My Sprint SPH-d700  Epic 4G Phone?

Generally, most end users should use the Marketplace to find and download  applications for installation on their device. This will help ensure the files  comes from a trusted source and maybe compatiable with the device. There may be  times when a developer may need to manually install their application from a  terminal. To follow the steps, please see below.

1. Download and install the latest Android SDK from the Android Developer  or click  here.
    • For easy of access, it is recommend to extract to local host root (C:)

2. Download and install the Java Developer Kit (JDK) from Sun or click  here.

3. Download and install the latest Android Developer Bridge (ADB) driver  located click here.  (Click on Software to see download).
    Note: The package contains ADB, CDMA, & WiMAX drivers.

4. Enable USB Debugging under Settings>Applications>Development

5. The installation file should have an extension of .APK, if properly compiled.  Place the application in the tools directory, i.e. (C:\android\tools)

6. Using the command prompt, go to the tools the folder (i.e cd\android\tools)

7. Type in ADB Install .APK

8. The ADB tool should now report the application to be installed. To verify,  tap on Applications on the device and locate the name of the application.

Original Source:  http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/faqs/faqs_view_us.jsp?SITE_ID=22&PG_ID=2&PROD_SUB_ID=557&PRO...
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎12-20-2010 10:42 AM
Updated by:

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.