cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Text Short Codes

Sprint uses a few different 4 and 5 digit short codes for free messages and self-service account management. The information is updated as of 3/13/2017

1311 - Usage and Upgrade Eligibility

This short code allows you to request your upgrade eligibility and current usage information (minutes, text and data). Text UPGRADE or USAGE.

2222 – Sprint Promotional Code

This code is used for Sprint promotional messaging.

2323, 4242 – Sprint Survey Code

These are used to send customer surveys.

3223 - Sprint Account Alerts

This is educational info about your new device from Sprint.

4567 – Sprint Promotional Code for Upgrades

This code is used for Sprint promotional messaging specifically targeting upgrades.

6004 – Sprint CARE Customer Surveys

These are used to request customer feedback after a CARE interaction.

6565 – Sprint Promotional Code for Entertainment

This code is used for Sprint promotional messaging for entertainment.

6772-Sprint Account Notifications

These are non-promotional text messages notifying users of account info.

7726 - Report Spam Text Messages

Sprint is conducting a trial with a new system that gives employees and customers with CDMA devices the ability to report SPAM text messages received. Forward any text messages perceived to be SPAM to shortcode 7726 (SPAM) to report it as SPAM.

7795 – Sprint Legal Notifications

This code is periodically used to notify users of upcoming legal announcements.

8737 - Sprint Mobile Controls

Used for the Sprint Mobile Controls Android Application.

8757 - Sprint Drive First

Used for the Sprint Drive First Android Application. These messages are normally hidden and intercepted by the device behind the scenes to signal the phone to communicate with the Drive First app.

8787 – E-Bill Payment Reminder

This code is used to send payment reminders.

9016 - Visual Voicemail

Used for visual voicemail notifications. These messages are normally hidden and intercepted by the device behind the scenes to signal the phone to download new voicemail messages.

9099 - Sprint Free Msg

This code is the default used by Sprint to communicate information about an account.

9230 - Text Errors

This short code is used for information messages when there is an error with a sent text message. An example: "The short code you are attempting to use has expired or short-code texting may be blocked on your account.  Msg 1051.”  The example message requires a call into CARE to lift short code blocking via CST/PMG. 

9329 – Sprint Verification Code – This code provides a verification code when attempting to log into Sprint.com.

9369 - Text to Landline

Used for notifications about message delivery when texting a landline phone number that does not support SMS messaging. Either a successful or an unsuccessful message will be sent to your phone depending on the outcome.

9466 – Sprint Promotional Code

This code is used for Sprint promotional messaging.

9489- Sprint Family Locator

Used for the Sprint Family Locator Android Application.

9999 - Block Text

This code allows you to block/unblock text messaging to specific numbers. You can text HELP to get a full list of commands. LIST will give you a list of currently blocked numbers. BLOCK (then the number) or UNBLOCK will allow you to add/remove numbers from your block list.

60601 – Ntelos Communications

Used to Migrate Ntelos subscribers to Sprint Prepaid

60602 – Ntelos Communications

Used to Migrate Ntelos subscribers to Sprint Postpaid

This document was generated from the following discussion: Sprint Text Short Codes

Last updated 3/13/2017 with the latest list

Version History
Revision #:
3 of 3
Last update:
‎03-13-2017 03:34 PM
Updated by:

Contributors
Comments
wingland

Great idea!  I've converted your discussion thread (which will get buried in the noise) into a Wiki-style Document in our space.  That's where we talk about SMS, Text Messages and more.  Thank you for taking this on!

Levi4u

7726 - Report Spam Text Messages

Sprint is conducting a trial with a new system that gives employees and customers with CDMA devices the ability to report SPAM text messages received.

Forward any text messages perceived to be SPAM to shortcode 7726 (SPAM) to report it as SPAM.

halcyoncmdr123

Thank you Will. Wasn't sure which way to make the post to keep it easily available.

AngieInConroe

How nice to have these codes...I have pasted them into a Word doc. and now will be able to use these codes when there is a need...thank you Sprint...

GodschildNicole

Thanks!! Now I will know what codes they are for!!

SMACKIE333

How do I unblock short text messaging? My account info says no text messaging is blocked? I don't understand.

halcyoncmdr123

How do I unblock short text messaging? My account info says no text messaging is blocked? I don't understand.

Customer service has access to the short code messaging blocks. The self-service tools are meant more for specific numbers, not an overall block.

kozydawg

1311 does NOT work. States invalid destination

WIFEOVOX

If you look for this document "Block or allow text messages from your phone" (it is not in thecommunity section)  there is a great chart that has all the codes that you can use with your phone. This is the page link as well.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Block_or_allow_text_messages_from_your_phone/case-cx832318...

MyronJ276

There is no option on a Motorola Photon to forward a text message.  Cannot report spam.

christinaclayto

Hello. How do you find out what numbers you have block on your device?

takeouup

I received a sprint free message the other day with the code 4242 and a link. I searched online and I have found nothing about a message with the code 4242. The message it's self seemed odd because it ask if I want Spanish text and I have never receive a sprint message like it. The message read, "Sprint Free message 4242: We have 5 questions about your Sprint store visit Reply"e" for English,"s" para Espanol, "Stop" to quit or go to Feedback.sprint.com/5a469a02". Is it a legitimate sprint message?

obadiah_53

If you recently had service done at one of the corporate stores they are asking you to complete a survey of the service.

takeouup

That is the thing, I haven't been to a store in months and last time I was, a few days later I had an over the phone survey. I have received other odd mms and txt messages from numbers from out of state and numbers messaging me asking who I was and saying I had text them, with no records on my phone of sending any messages. Also I have notice sometimes at night when I have my phone just sitting for a while and I pick it up the GPS satellite symbol is there and then quickly disappears. I have all the location settings off/set to 911 only.

twicebaked

What about code 9407? I just received 2 texts two days ago from this one.  The first said , "Hi, this is Sprint. We'll text you shortly regarding your call to Sprint Care, pleae reply! (all survey texts are FREE, reply "STOP" to quit)".  The second said, "Q1. How satified are you with the overall handling of your call by Kristofer on a scale of 5 (very satisfied) to 1 (very dissatisfied)?  I have 3 phones on my account and no one called Sprint Care or has even done a Sprint chat in over 2 months.  The last chat was in March with Kyle not Kristofer. 

I think this is either a mistake (sent to the wrong number) or some type of spam text.  I think Sprint should check this number out and I'm going to forward them to 7726 (SPAM).

ZZTALONbus

Just happened to me today too, from 9407 as well. Made me wonder if someone had called trying to get info on my account....

Reamer745

Thank you

773-531-1771

Can anyone tell me where texts from 9343 are from?

jeim24

Does anyone use the target 827438 and does it work?

aaustin62

does anyone know what short code 7626 is?