cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

//ANDROID:Message from...?

Journeyman

//ANDROID:Message from...?

I recently received two text message from with this message: “//ANDROID:Message from vtt_expiry_notice@v2t.smithmicro.com. MMSN,e249776e5b3,400,V685Au7b2kr//CM” and in February I received two others with different wording. The device is an iPhone 6S Plus but is on standby mode—and it has been for a while—so I have no data/service on it yet I still receive these messages. What does it mean? How do I receive these text without service?

3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: //ANDROID:Message from...?

Hey there. By chance, did you swap from an Android phone to the iPhone? Also, can you confirm what number these appear to be coming from?

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

No and 901-6
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

OK - thank you for confirming. We some time see these errors occur when folks go from Android > iPhone and they have voicemails from their Android phone that weren't reviewed prior to switching. I'll need to get a ticket into our tech support team to help with this further. I'm going to send you a private message so I can get some additional info from you to submit the ticket. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat