Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking a number from texting

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Blocking a number from texting

Is there a difference if I block a number via my phone or via the Sprint website under preferences?

Does the person I've blocked receive an error message when trying to text me?

Would I get an error message if I tried to text the blocked number?

Thanks

6 REPLIES
Master

Re: Blocking a number from texting

Blocking the number on your phone will still allow the message to route through the network to your phone before it's blocked. Messages are still received but stored in a blocked folder until you unblock the number.

Whereas blocking on the website will stop it from ever getting to the phone.

In either case, the sender receives no notification the number is blocked.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

OK so if I add them to my blocked list from the website, they will basically think I'm ignoring their texts or choosing not to respond, correct?

What if I try to text them but they are on my blocked list? Will I get an error message? Will the text still go through?

Do you know what happens when you also block voice calls? Does it go straight to voicemail or do they get a message saying I'm not accepting their calls?

What if I tried to call them? Would it go through?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
Master

Correct, they will just think your ignoring the messages.

A blocked number won;t affect you calling or texting in any way. No notification or anything. It goes through like an unblocked number.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

FYI- If you block someone on the website via preferences, they get this message. So they do know you are blocking them.

Master

I'm looking into this again. I have several numbers blocked on the website and if this had changed, then I'm going to have to remove those numbers and block from the phone instead.
Thanks for the heads up as I've been blocking from the website for a long time.
I'll post what i find out, like when it may have changed.

--

Journeyman

Also any insight into blocking from the phone (Samsung s7 Edge)

Since the Nougat update there isn't the option like there was under "Block number" you could toggle "call block" or "message block".

Now with Nougat it is both and it says it will erase the entire conversation so far.

Is there a way to just block text on the phone and to have it not erase the conversation?

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.  

Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!