Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken: "Allow only these numbers for inbound and outbound text messages"

Journeyman

Broken: "Allow only these numbers for inbound and outbound text messages"

In  My Sprint->Permissions

Under My Preferences->Block Texts

"Allow only these numbers for inbound and outbound text messages"  does not work.

I've entered only the family phone numbers in "Allow only these numbers for inbound and outbound text messages", but my child's phone is getting direct and group texts from numbers not listed in that option.

Is this option working for anyone?

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Broken: "Allow only these numbers for inbound and outbound text messages"

The same thing has happened to me. I want to restrict all outgoing texts and it doesn’t work. Why do they have all these options in Permissions if it doesn’t work. I contacted “Chat” on Sprint this morning and they sent me the directions to try again ( which I was doing correctly anyway) and it still doesn’t work. This really needs to be addressed. 

Sprint Social Care

Hey @Dlm2929, let's try doing it from our end. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

@Sprint_Jeffrey Do you have a suggestion?  Does this function work?

Sprint Social Care

Hey @felixskim, this function should work. Have you tried using other browsers?

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes, I have tried Chrome and FireFox.  It's hard to believe the browser has anything to do with it not functioning because I can enter and save the phone numbers in "Allow only these numbers for inbound and outbound text messages".  I can log back in with any device and browser, and those numbers are still in there, but I'm still getting text messages from people not in my list.

Sprint Social Care

felixskim,

Let's take a closer look into this, please check your inbox, I've sent you a private message.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat