Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can only receive text messages on CDMA

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can only receive text messages on CDMA

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note10+.

I cannot receive incoming text messages unless I am on 3g. If I am on automatic or LTE/CDMA network, I do not receive incoming text messages. The minute I switch my network to CDMA only, I get all my texts at once.

I have done many network resets on my end and technical supports end. It might work momentarily, but then stops.

I have replaced the SIM card with a T-Mobile representative.

I have ran the phone in safe mode for several days at a time in order to assure that there are not any apps interfering with my texting.

I have also tried several different texting applications.

I have taken my phone to an authorized Samsung dealer, UBreakIFix, and they went through the phone and say that the phone is in perfect condition and everything is working as it should.

I have had this issue for many months now and I am looking for a solution.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hi! Thanks for connecting with us. We've had a couple reports about this problem with the Note 10+ recently and should be permanently resolved with an upcoming software update. I completely understand if it's gotten you to be a bit frustrated and would help with a solution. I'd like you to ensure that you have installed the last available software, enable VoLTE (leave it on), then reset your network setting by dialing ##SCRTN# (##72786#) and restarting the device. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

info on said current issue

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Device-Solutions/Stuck-in-3G-Samsung-A11-Note-10-Note-10-Note-8-Note...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Community Manager

Two things you can try.  I had the same issue not to long ago and I fixed it with the second step.  

1) Turn off VoLTE, then turn off the phone for 2 minutes, turn the phone back on, then send out a text, turn on VoLTE.

2) Clear data on text messaging app. Settings - Apps & Notification - Text Messaging app (I use Messages), - Storage and Cache - Clear Storage.  You may lose your messages, I did not and confirm I have messages going back to 9/11/2017.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having  similar problem that I've had called Sprint about. 
I received an update just a couple of days ago that turned VoLTE back on and text messages stop coming UNTIL i send a text then I get flooded with texts holding in que.  I can recreate the problem every time. 
My wife and I both have Note 10+.  We've played with turning VoLTE on and off and we did it several months ago and both had the problem.  Sprint had me reset both the phones as described above.  We also both use the default app that comes with the phone.  
It doesn't make sense this would be a cache issue.  I've cleared mine and she has not.  
This issue also doesn't matter if it's texts with pics or not.  I simply receive no texts until I send one then I get flooded with any texts that have been sent since the last wave. 

Any ideas? 

GrandMaster

what update are both of your phones on now?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat