cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 9 will not send or receive MMS messages while roaming....help please

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy Note 9 will not send or receive MMS messages while roaming....help please

here is what I have tried.....apparently everything.

Cleared Cache

disabled power saver

unplugged sim card and reinstalled

wifi calling is on

probably a bit more stuff that I can't remember...anyone got a solution? My signal strength seems to be ok...I can stream music or videos with no issues. Maybe its just a crappy phone....seems to be alot of issues working going on with android phones and MMS....help if ya can... Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
Sprint Social Care

Re: Galaxy Note 9 will not send or receive MMS messages while roaming....help please

Hi there! Let's see, how often does this happen? Does this happen with the default messaging app?
Is this the first time this happens? Do you receive any error message or just keeps loading and not sent?

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Note 9 will not send or receive MMS messages while roaming....help please

Hi Ciara…..well this happens all the time. I moved to an Rural area where cell phone service is sketchy at best.  In order for me to make calls I use my wifi….it seems to work pretty well.  I used to be able to get all my MMS messages but I don't any more...none of them...ever. Also cant send them.  This is with the default messaging app....I tried others and they wouldn't even show me I had one to download.  At least with this app I can see that somebody has sent me something ….when I click on it to download it it just sits there and spins.  Finally I get a message that says Failed: Network error 

Sprint Social Care

I have some additional questions to determine the issue.

• Have you tried disabling WiFi calling when sending the MMS? 
  • Are you using recipient's 10-digit phone number when sending message?
  • Are using a stored contact when sending the message? If so, verify the contact information is saved as the correct full 10-digit phone number and/or email address is entered correctly.
  • Are you able to connect and browse web on phone with no issues? 

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

yes I have tried disabling wifi

yes I am using the full 10 digit phone number

and yes I am using stored contact

and yes I am able to browse with zero issues

Sprint Social Care

Thanks for that information.  

Try sending a message to your own 10-digit number with the same picture or video that had the problem. Let me know you get the same error. 

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

ok...tried sending it to my own number....it has been trying to send for 9 minutes now...its still trying...no error message yet....still waiting.  While I am waiting ….does the APN have anything to do with this?  There is not one selected....I cannot select one and I cannot add one.  When I select restore default it does nothing....still waiting...its still trying to send...its been 13 minutes....still waiting

Journeyman

ok....so after 23 minutes it finally timed out and I got a message "error: network error occurred"

Sprint Social Care

We'll, APN is short of Access Point Name and provides a phone with the information needed to connect to wireless service. It can be changed by adding a new APN profile with information from the carrier in the phone's settings. We won't go there yet. There are a few things I want to look over on the account first. My name is Juan, I am part of the Sprint social care team. Please send us a private message with your name, account holder's name, phone number, security PIN or the answer to the security question on the account.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi Juan....well...Number one I don't know how to send you a private message and number 2 I am not comfortable sending all my account info to you. If I need to work this thru my sprint store maybe I can do that but...bad things just seem to happen to me when just hand out info.

Sprint Social Care

I get why you are hesitant, I don't blame you. For future reference, you can just click on my name, you can send me a private message then. As for the store, you are welcome to visit a store near you. I would recommend that you pick a repair store with a technician. For a store  near you visit: Sprint.com/storelocator Remember that  yellow square Sprint Store    yellow star Closest Repair Location

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Sprint Social Care

Before you go. Please try this: 

1-From the home screen, tap the Phone icon.
              2-Dial ##72786#.
              3-Tap OK. 
              After the device restarts it will automatically perform the Hands Free Activation.
              4- Once the activation is complete, tap OK.
              5-The device will then update the PRL. Once the update is complete, tap OK.
               he device will restart. 
              Note: If prompted, tap OK to restart the device.  
             6-The device will check for firmware updates.
             If an update is available, follow the prompts to download and install the update.
             Otherwise, tap OK.
              The network settings have been reset, and the device is now re-activated.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat