Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group messaging issues iPhone 12 pro

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Group messaging issues iPhone 12 pro

I recently upgraded to the IPhone 12 pro and have started having this issue where group messages show up 12 hours after I was supposed to receive them. I’ve contacted Sprint customer service about this, the first time they had me activate a carrier update and reset my network settings. That didn’t work. I’ve tried chatting with someone from sprint twice now since and they just stop responding. Any idea what’s going on with my messaging issues??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

So i restored my phone to default setting and re-set it up and now my mms is working properly. As fire guy stated to do I sent myself mms message to test and they came 12 hours late but after i reset my phone it came right away. I’m still getting old texts in a group that hadn’t come through for 36 hours ago but I wonder if there were so many messages that it just got backed up. Well problem solved at least. 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

That's terrible! Try going to Settings and select Messages. Find the SMS/MMS section and tap on Group Messaging to activate. Tap again to switch off and on Group Messaging.

Highlighted

I’ve done that already. It doesn’t fix the problem.

Highlighted

Okay! Can you try the steps below for me once more?

1. Delete or “Leave” your current conversations.
  2. Settings > General > Reset > Reset NETWORK Settings. This will help establish a fresh connection with the network. Please note that this will require you to re-enter any saved Wi-Fi passwords you had.

Highlighted
Journeyman

They had me do this when I troubleshooted with them before. But I will try it again. 

Highlighted

Thank you!

Highlighted

Ok. I won’t know at least for a day or 2 to see if this fixes my issue. So I will let you know. Is it possible the 5g network is causing issues?

Highlighted

Yes, there's an possibility that it can be the network. Keep monitoring it and let me know if it continues. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

since you have made some changes already you can try sending yourself a picture to see how long it takes to go through..pic texts are sent as MMS as well.

if you are still running into it you can try going into your mobile data settings and try changing it from 5G/CDMA to 4G/CDMA and see if it improves..

do one test at a time though in case one of them fixes the issue.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

It’s still happening and it only happens in group chats. Not individual chats 

Highlighted

I didn’t mean to accept that as a solution...but it seems to be a MMS issue cause I sent myself picture messages with iMessage off and I still haven’t received them. I had problems activating the phone so I wonder if this has something to do with it 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i was getting ready to say pic mail and group texts are both MMS..which need data in order to send/receive...your data connection is fine correct? and are you by chance running into this while in an area with sub par data connections but you are connected to wifi?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat