cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG 7 thin Q-I cannot send a Group text even though the Group is my Contacts file.

Journeyman

LG 7 thin Q-I cannot send a Group text even though the Group is my Contacts file.

19 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: LG 7 thin Q-I cannot send a Group text even though the Group is my Contacts file.

Good morning. Lets see if I can get this all straightened out. How long has this been going on? Have you done any troubleshooting on the phone?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

Re: LG 7 thin Q-I cannot send a Group text even though the Group is my Contacts file.

It is a brand new phone purchased from a local Sprint store on 10/25/18. I had an HTC that cratered.  On the HTC I could send a Group text via my Contacts (Group).  The Group is in the Contacts file on the LG 7, but does not show up as addressees on the LG 7 when I try to send a message.  The extent of the trouble shooting was to search the web for help, but was not successful.  I did go back to the Sprint store for assistance and their solution was to add the people in the Group individually.  My assumption is that the LG phone should work similarly to the HTC for a Group messaging.

Wizard

Is group messaging enabled in your settings?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

Not sure.  Do not see a Group Messaging in my Settings.  Where should I look for it?

Wizard

1. From the home screen tap messages.
  2. Then tap menu, >settings
  3. Go to multimedia messages
  4. Go to group messaging after that, make sure it's turned on.

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Journeyman

My choices under Settings are Default SMS app, Notifications, Hear Outgoing sounds, Your Country and Advanced.  Under Advanced, the choices are Chat Features, Group Messaging (send an MMS reply to all recipients-group MMS), Auto Download MMS (On) and several other choices.  Under Advanced Group Messaging my choices are: Send an SMS reply to all 1) recipients and get individual replies (mass text) or 2) Send an MMS reply to all recipients (group MMS).  #2 is highlighted.  Do I need to select  #1?

Journeyman

My point is there is not a choice to select "multimedia messages" under the Message Settings.  I did try #1 as per my previous reply, but I still am unable to select a Group to send a message.

Wizard

When trying to send the group message, could you send a screenshot of the error message that you're getting?

Don't worry, be happy!
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Journeyman

I am not getting any error messages.  The point is that when you type in a name, phone no. etc to send a message, the groups do not show up as a selection (unlike individuals) although they are in my phones contact file.  I can send messages to individuals or multiple people, I just can not select a group to send a message.

Wizard

Do you have these options when trying to send a group message?

1.On the Messaging screen, tap New message .
2.Add the recipient(s)
3.If more than one recipient is entered, you will be asked to choose between a group conversation and an individual message.
◦Tap Group Conversation to allow all of the recipients to be viewed by each other so they can respond to you and the group. The message is sent as a multimedia message (MMS).
◦Tap Individual Message, so that none of the recipients can see the other recipients (similiar to BCC). Each individual can only respond to you.

Don't worry, be happy!
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Journeyman

When I put in two names I was not asked to choose between a group or individual conversation.  I typed in a third name which is part of a 4 person group, but still was not asked to choose between group or an individual. 

Of note is that when my HTC cratered and I was not able to transfer any contacts (data) to the new phone.  I thought all was lost, but lo and behold since it is an android phone all the contact data was on the new phone.  I think I will add a new group to this phone and see if it shows up when I try and text it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat