cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG 7 thin Q-I cannot send a Group text even though the Group is my Contacts file.

Journeyman

Re: LG 7 thin Q-I cannot send a Group text even though the Group is my Contacts file.

When I open the message screen I have the option to "Start a group conversation".  I have opened it and chose a group name, but it did not come up.  I put individual names in and can send an MMS to them, but it requires input of each recipient's name.

Wizard

Re: LG 7 thin Q-I cannot send a Group text even though the Group is my Contacts file.

Have you tried going into your contacts and creating a new group? I'd try that and then try and compose a group message after that.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

I created a new group and then tried to send, but was not successful.  The new group shows up in my telephone contacts file as do the original groups, but it does not show up when I attempt to send a message.  I am assuming that the LG 7 should be able to send out a group message from the contacts file like my old HTC phone, but maybe it does not have that capability, but if not why is there a contacts file?

Wizard

The phone supports group messaging for SMS and MMS. Have you tried to delete the file as it come over from the previous phone and set up a new group?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Huntress of Pokémon and Resolutions,
Kudos and Accepted Solutions, Gotta Catch 'Em All!
Journeyman

I set up a new group on the LG 7, but was not successful in sending it to the new group.

Wizard

Does it give you any other options that must be chosen after you choose the group?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Huntress of Pokémon and Resolutions,
Kudos and Accepted Solutions, Gotta Catch 'Em All!
Journeyman

No other options are available. When I attempt to put the Group name in the To line, it does not recognize the group.  If I choose an individual name, it is recognized. Just below the To line is "Start a Group Conversation" and when I try a Group name, it also does not recognize the group.  I can input individual names, but not a Group name.  On my previous phone, I would select Messages and put the Group in the To line and it would recognized along with the individual contacts.

Wizard

Hmm... it sounds like we might have to submit a ticket for you. Send me a pm with your name, phone number, and 6-10 digit pin.

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat