cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V30+ MMS problems

Go to solution
Journeyman

LG V30+ MMS problems

I'm using the built in text messaging on my LG V30+ phone and it's been great for nearly a year . . . but about a week ago, it stopped being able to send or receive pictures and videos (MMS).  Sending will just try over and over again, but it never goes through.  I even tried shrinking the file in case it was just too much, but to no avail.  Receiving gives me the bubble that there's something there with the option to click to download, but it just tries over and over and can't seem to successfully download.

Regular text (SMS) messages are going through fine, both sending and receiving.  I haven't changed any settings.  Somebody suggested turning the phone off for at least 2 minutes -- so I tried 10 minutes, but it still made no difference.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: LG V30+ MMS problems

Hey 5thMouse! Have you updated the data profile on your phone recently? Follow these steps:

1. Pull down the Status Bar > Settings.
  2. Under General, tap System Updates.
  3. Tap Update Profile.
  4. Displays: Update Profile - The network is preparing your services. Please wait.
  5. Once complete, The Profile has been updated. Press OK to continue.
  6. Press Home key.
  7. Device activation completes

@HELPeR_SprintWell, I tried that now and doesn't seem to have done anything.  My test is simply to try again to download the MMS messages that are still waiting in my incoming messages and to try re-sending an outgoing photo that still hasn't gone through.

It's too bad the update didn't resolve it, but I hadn't thought of that before, so I'm certainly still very thankful for the suggestion.

Any more?

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

You're welcome.  Can you send me a Private Message? I'd like to try to refresh some of the system services from our end, and I'll need to get some account info to do that. 

We have a SMARTeam badge up  by our names in our profile.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

We ran some system refreshes, then discovered my mobile data had gotten turned off in my settings at some point.  Everything is working great now, thanks to the Sprint help team!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat