cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text messages from other carriers

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not receiving text messages from other carriers

Starting yesterday (5/19) at around 5:05 CST, I am no longer receiving text messages (SMS) from other carriers, and am not receiving MMS from any carrier (including Sprint).

I am able to receive SMS messages (normal texts) from folks on Sprint / TMobile, but not from anyone else.  I can send texts just fine to all carriers.

I did some research on this board, and found that someone had this same issue, and it turned out that the messages were stuck in sprints "queue" and not being delivered to my phone.

I have worked for 2 hours with tech support, resetting the phone, resetting networks, etc - no dice.  I have downloaded a different text app, but still no dice. 

My ticket number is 582583-200520.  Any help is appreciated, as this is severely impacting my work.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

I'll check out the ticket and get back to you. 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Alright, so the ticket was only opened yesterday and it takes 24-48 hours for someone to contact you again. It's being worked on right now though, so you've done the troubleshooting and then the ticket so you're on the right track right now. 

Highlighted

Been over 48 hours and no updates.

Highlighted

I see in the notes that they left you a message since there was no answer, it was either a voicemail or a text. Did you notice any missed calls in your log? They called on the line ending in 0276. 

Highlighted

Negative - no missed calls, no voicemails, no texts (not surprising).

Highlighted

To be fair, I don't know if I'm getting voicemails in addition to texts as well.  Have not checked that.

Can they please try back?  Or can you provide me a number that I can reach out to them at?

Highlighted

I was expecting that but can you check your voicemail just o make sure? Maybe they left a number for you to call back or some steps at least. I wish I could give you a number but that's one of the numbers I don't have. 

Highlighted

Add another issue - the voicemail app is not displaying that I have voicemails or displays them in the app.  I needed to call my number to access it.

Highlighted

In the settings, are there options for notifications? Were you getting them before? Also, have you tried re-installing the app? 

Highlighted

Yes, was getting them before, but I have not changed any notification settings for the app.  And no, have not tried any troubleshooting such as reinstalling the app, as I was not aware this was an issue.  I'll save that problem until after this much more severe one is resolved.

Highlighted

Alright, if you want you can also bring that up to them as well when they get in touch.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat