cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text messages from other carriers

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not receiving text messages from other carriers

Starting yesterday (5/19) at around 5:05 CST, I am no longer receiving text messages (SMS) from other carriers, and am not receiving MMS from any carrier (including Sprint).

I am able to receive SMS messages (normal texts) from folks on Sprint / TMobile, but not from anyone else.  I can send texts just fine to all carriers.

I did some research on this board, and found that someone had this same issue, and it turned out that the messages were stuck in sprints "queue" and not being delivered to my phone.

I have worked for 2 hours with tech support, resetting the phone, resetting networks, etc - no dice.  I have downloaded a different text app, but still no dice. 

My ticket number is 582583-200520.  Any help is appreciated, as this is severely impacting my work.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Journeyman

We were not receiving SMS and MMS and it turned out that the preferred network was set to Global and not to LTE.  When I changed it back to LTE, the recommended setting, the missing SMS and MMS arrived.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat