cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 RCS not working

Highlighted
Journeyman

Note 8 RCS not working

I tried clearing the data, and cache for the Messenger app. I've turned off the phone for more than 10 seconds, restarted it and didn't fix it. I even updated my PRL, and Profile. None of the things I've tried have fixed it. It was working and just quit while I was having a conversation with a contact who also has a Samsung, which is a S7 Edge. My phone is a Note 8. It will attempt to send in the "Chat" format, but then switches to SMS/MMS to send. If I look at the "Message Details" while its being sent in "Chat" mode it will show the status as "Sent" but never shows delivered, and then after 5-10 minutes will switch to the SMS/MMS  and send. I tried the steps laid out in posts by Troy_Glidden in the "Android Influence" subforum, but my posts didn't seem to be getting much traffic. So thought I'd try here.

22 REPLIES 22
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Note 8 RCS not working

You have updated your software, correct? 

Also, you are messaging a person who also has RCS, correct? 

Journeyman

I made sure my Android is up to date, also made sure my Galaxy apps are up to date, and I was texting the same person that RCS worked with in the conversation, as it quit working during our texting conversation. The other phone is a S7 Edge.

I do know that's it's an ongoing problem and it has updates and patches have been sent. I would recommend sending feedback from within the Messages app.  Open Messages, tap the three dots top right, tap help and feedback, then tap feedback at the bottom.  Sending feedback from there will be seen by the team working on Messages.

Journeyman

Ok, I'll submit feedback.

Journeyman

I just tried to do it, and "Help" doesn't even show as an option.

Hello bigdn03, are you in the text messaging section or the voice mail messaging section? Because the voice mail messaging section does not have this feature. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
GrandMaster

add on question to what the agent has asked.

is this happening with only one contact or ALL contacts?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Text message app.

Journeyman

All.

May I have a screen shot of the page please? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Screenshot_20190211-112810_Messages.jpg

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat