cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 RCS not working

Journeyman

Re: Note 8 RCS not working

The device is up to date right?

Good, Better, Best don't give up until your good is better than your best! Be the Aristocratic one and give KUDOS and push the Solution button.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I've checked for updates, none available.

Journeyman

Okay Is the app able to be deleted?

Good, Better, Best don't give up until your good is better than your best! Be the Aristocratic one and give KUDOS and push the Solution button.
Journeyman

I'm not sure, it's the OEM Samsung messaging app.

You are accessing it by going into settings of the app, and seeing if RCS is turned on or not?

Journeyman

It is enabled.

There is a way to cheat RCS features if the default Samsung app isn't working. You can download the Android Messages app from the Play store and then install. Once you're installed, you can go into the settings within Android Messages and enable RCS which should also push this into the stock Samsung messaging app. From there you can go into the Samsung app, enable RCS and then either keep or delete the Android Messages app. Give that a shot and let us know how things turn out. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

I apologize for not getting back to everybody sooner, I actually didn't get to try the last suggestion. The RCS just started working again for some reason, not sure what happened but it works now.

If anything starts getting goofy, try out the suggestion above and let us know if it doesn't work out. We're more than glad to help troubleshoot with you!

Journeyman

Thank you.

You're very welcome. Take care!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat