cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 9 I am unable to receive /send text picture messages while on WiFi

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Note 9 I am unable to receive /send text picture messages while on WiFi

In this day and age, why is this even an issue!? There should be no issue sending or receiving text and or pictures while on a phone call! This is unacceptable and there is no good reason for it. Tired of hearing in your carrier! What gives?

GrandMaster

texts should send and be received just fine while on a call..mms texts however would not unless you had a data connection since those send/receive using data..once yalls devices receive the VoLTE update and as long as you are in a market that has it lit up the problem should go away.

however since this phone has wifi calling if you are at home and WFC is turned on there should be zero issues doing any of this while on a call.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

@QueenKactually, it's an issue with sprint,not the phone. I have the same phone but with ATT, and I dont have this problem. However, my husband is on sprint and cannot receive pictures while on the phone. I was looking for a solution not looks like everyone has the same issue. 

Journeyman

I switched from a Galaxy S9+ this morning to the Note 9. When I was on the phone and also connected to a wifi network, my S9+ would receive and download MMS, but it is not working on my Note 9. VoLTE should not have anything to do with this. Is this a know issue with the Note 9? My S9+ did not have VoLTE and works perfectly fine.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Hey Vny9877! What messaging app are you using on that Note 9, and what version of Android are you running?

Using the Samsung messaging app on both devices and both are using Android 9. Thanks for the quick response. 

You're welcome! And you've got the same settings enabled on the Samsung messenger app, correct?

Good morning. Verified all the settings are the same, performed a hard reset last night and still not working. Just to clarify, the issue is not being able to download MMS while I am on the phone and connected to a wifi network  Tried again with my S9+ and it works, but not on my Note 9. Thank you!

Hey there - just to confirm, did you try the steps the em_will_i_am had listed out previously? 

More than likely your MMS token is corrupt on the device and it is unable to authenticate while you are connected to wifi.  So, turn off wifi, perform a ##SCRTN# on the device.  After the SCRTN has completed, then reconnect to wifi and test MMS.

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Yes, tried multiple times. Still not working.

Thanks

@OldGreg_Sprint wrote:

Hey there - just to confirm, did you try the steps the em_will_i_am had listed out previously? 

More than likely your MMS token is corrupt on the device and it is unable to authenticate while you are connected to wifi.  So, turn off wifi, perform a ##SCRTN# on the device.  After the SCRTN has completed, then reconnect to wifi and test MMS.

Journeyman

Have you updated the actual app?

Good, Better, Best don't give up until your good is better than your best! Be the Aristocratic one and give KUDOS and push the Solution button.
Highlighted
Community Manager

PM me your phone number and I will get a ticket created to have a look.

@vny9877 wrote:

Yes, tried multiple times. Still not working.

Thanks

@OldGreg_Sprint wrote:

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat