cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 MMS Messages Will Not Download Over WiFi

Journeyman

Pixel 3 MMS Messages Will Not Download Over WiFi

I am using a Pixel 3 phone and my default messaging app is Android Messages. I am unable to send or receive MMS messages through a WiFi connection, only through a mobile data connection. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

Tags (2)
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Pixel 3 MMS Messages Will Not Download Over WiFi

Hi Ddupont! Make sure that you've got "Send Messages over WiFi" enabled in the settings on Android Messages. 

Messages> Menu> Settings> Advanced> Chat Features> Enable Chat Features switched to On.

Let me know if you're still having issues!

Yes, I do have this feature enabled, see the screenshot below of my current settings:

Screenshot_20181217-102339.png

I know it's not a slow WiFi upload speed either (see screenshot below). I uploaded the first screenshot to my Google Drive account without any issue. When I tried to MMS it to myself, it hung in the sending state until I connected to mobile data.

327110698.png

Thanks for the screenshot and additional info.  How long have you been having issues with this?

I activated this phone just about a week ago and this behavior has been present since then.

Thanks.  And no issues when connected to the cellular network, right?

Right, everything is working over the cellular network.

Ok.  Your WiFi network speeds don't appear to be the issue, but let me do some digging on this.  Are you connected to a 2.4 or 5ghz band? 

I am connected to a 2.4GHz network.

Thanks!

Ok, I've looked deeper into this, and the MMS Token might not be in place.  Try this.

Take the phone off WiFi
Dial *#*#*72786#*#*
Yes for reset and let it run it's course
Once finished, send out a MMS.
Then connect to WiFi and send one out..

I turned off WiFi and left my mobile on and then dialed and called ##72786## (with a relatively decent cell signal) and got an automated voice saying "The number or code you dialed is incorrect" -- am I doing something wrong here, or this a defining symptom?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat