cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 MMS Messages Will Not Download Over WiFi

GrandMaster

Re: Pixel 3 MMS Messages Will Not Download Over WiFi

you shouldnt have to hit dial once that last # is entered. should start the reset process right off the bat.  i would think a network reset code would be the same on any Android device.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

You're right, I didn't realize the asterisk was actually a keypad value...oops.

Journeyman

That said, even after performing the reset as described (with WiFi initially off) doesn't seem to be doing it. MMS messages are stil only sending over mobile data.

Thanks for the update.  If you could send me a Private Message with your account info(Phone # and PIN), I'd like to see if there is anything funky going on with the provisioning of that device.  

Hi.. Google Pixel 3 support has confirmed to me that MMS does not work when WIFI is on

"

n order to use the MMS services on the device  you need to enable the mobile data on the device and disable WiFi  to use it.

SMS/ MMS services are provided by the carrier services. This services works with your phone number to send or receive message. In case, if you don't have a SIM card in the device, you cannot make or receive calls/ send or receive text messages. 

In case, if you are not using the MMS services you can enable  WiFi on the device and use it. 

Is this pathetic?

I am not even on Sprint, I am on AT&T

GrandMaster

pretty sure they gave you a cookie cutter response. if this were the case then Googles Messages app with enhanced messaging would only work over mobile data and not both..which it does.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

As a Pixel 3 owner, I can say this is not true.  I am on wifi 90% (Home, work, Walmart, etc) and I have not issue sending MMS while on Wifi.  I personally know like 5 other Pixel 3 users and they are able to send MMS over wifi as well.

@babagadouche wrote:

Hi.. Google Pixel 3 support has confirmed to me that MMS does not work when WIFI is on

"

n order to use the MMS services on the device  you need to enable the mobile data on the device and disable WiFi  to use it.

SMS/ MMS services are provided by the carrier services. This services works with your phone number to send or receive message. In case, if you don't have a SIM card in the device, you cannot make or receive calls/ send or receive text messages. 

In case, if you are not using the MMS services you can enable  WiFi on the device and use it. 

Is this pathetic?

I am not even on Sprint, I am on AT&T

Journeyman

So - to be clear- you use a Pixel 3 and have fully functioning MMS while WiFi is turned on? 

No offense but what is cookie cutter to me is the trouble shooting tips they offer since they don't work. A Google employee telling a customer that MMS does not work over WiFi is pretty alarming and not cookie cutter. Or I am missing something (?)

Community Manager

Yes.   I send pics all the time over wifi on my Pixel 3.  I'm constantly connected to wifi.  Wifi at work, connect to the wifi in my car, go home connect to the wifi there. I got the Pixel when it first came out.  Had the Pixel 2 and 1 before that.

@babagadouche wrote:

So - to be clear- you use a Pixel 3 and have fully functioning MMS while WiFi is turned on? 

No offense but what is cookie cutter to me is the trouble shooting tips they offer since they don't work. A Google employee telling a customer that MMS does not work over WiFi is pretty alarming and not cookie cutter. Or I am missing something (?)

Journeyman

you shouldnt have to hit dial once that last # is entered. should start the reset process right off the bat. i would think a network reset code would be the same on any Android device.
Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

Yes.   I send pics all the time over wifi on my Pixel 3.  I'm constantly connected to wifi.  Wifi at work, connect to the wifi in my car, go home connect to the wifi there. I got the Pixel when it first came out.  Had the Pixel 2 and 1 before that.

@babagadouche wrote:

https://filezilla.software/ https://downloader.vip/malwarebytes/ https://downloader.vip/rufus/

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat