cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS issue

Journeyman

RCS issue

I am trying to get the RCS added onto my messaging app (the default app), but I am being asked for a verification code that I am not receiving. I have tried the resend method, restarting the phone, soft reboot. I am unsure how to get everything communicating properly so I can set up RCS .

Please help me out ☹

34 REPLIES
Sprint Social Care

Re: RCS issue

Hello @Tariq_algabri, we would like to check if there's a block preventing the code to be send to your line. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue. Please help!

Sprint Social Care

c_richard87,

Let's take a closer look into your short codes to make sure that you do not have then blocked and this is the reason why you're not having the RCS set up correctly. Please check your inbox, I've sent you a private message.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am having this issue as well. Is this thread still open?
Wizard

Lets get this figured out! What type of phone do you have?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

I have an Samsung S9+. 

Wizard

So I have found a link that has the steps to set up RCS Messaging SOLUTION: Samsung - Rich Communication Suite Tips and Tricks Let me know if this works for you!

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

Thanks! Unfortunately, it doesn't really cover the S9/S9+. The issue is that I never receive the text message verifying my phone number. It's ok though. I really appreciate you looking into this for me, Smiley Happy

Wizard

No problem! Just to make sure, are you able to turn on the rich communications in your chat settings?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Journeyman

Nope, I'm not. Whenever I click the Chat Settings option to enable it, I get a message regarding me turning on a new feature. After I click the start button is when the validation text message is received. Unfortunately, I never receive the text. 

Journeyman

Nope, I'm not. Whenever I click the Chat Settings option to enable it, I get a message regarding me turning on a new feature. After I click the start button is when the validation text message is received. Unfortunately, I never receive the text.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat