cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated 9197 Messenger's Enhanced features text message

Journeyman

Re: Repeated 9197 Messenger's Enhanced features text message

I performed these steps and immediately got the same text message when the reboot was finished.  I know one other phone on my account is also getting these texts.   

Please help me stop this message without turning off the feature.

Are you still using the Samsung messenger?

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

I am using the stock messaging app, yes. 

You need to enable the Android messages which there is a link to in this thread. You will still be able to use the original Samsung messenger after you do that.

Journeyman

I'm sorry I don't see any link in this thread. 

If you scroll back through the pages of this conversation and the one you were having with HelpEr_sprint, he walked you through the process.

Journeyman

Do you mean a link or instructions. I followed these instructions: If you are, you'll want to clear the storage on the messaging app (Settings> apps> messages> storage> Clear data). Then go back to Messages> Settings> Chat Settings> Rich Communications Settings> Toggle On> reboot phone.

Clearing the app storage and then toggling the Enhanced features back on, rebooting the phone should stop that message from coming in.

I'm still getting the message. I followed everything that user told me to do and no luck. Which is why I came back to this thread. Please tell me exactly what you think I should do. There is no mention of "android messages" in any of the instructions. I have no "ehanced messages" setting as stated above - so the instructions were revised for my phone. What am I missing?

Here's the link to the steps on the Samsung devices to enable/troubleshoot RCS. 

RCS Troubleshooting

I performed those steps. I still get the message. 

Journeyman

Screenshot_20181220-162108_Messages.jpg

Hi Jen. Navigate to your preferred app store and download the Android Messages app by Google. Once you have that installed you'll want to enable RCS from the app settings for Android Messages. You can then uninstall the Android Messages app and repeat the steps in the RCS troubleshooting steps that HELPeR posted previously. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat