cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10+ Roaming MMS Failure

Highlighted
Journeyman

S10+ Roaming MMS Failure

My wife and I both have the Galaxy S10+...both fully updated, updated PRL, reset network settings, etc. While roaming in a specific location (basement office), all MMS messages fail to send or download. We can send/receive SMS messages and RCS chat messages/pictures with no issues (potentially because we're on wifi)...but even with what shows as a full roaming signal, no MMS message can be downloaded or sent (simple group messages or messages containing pictures). All roaming data options are set to allow, both in the connections menu and within the stock messaging app options. Calls work just fine (wifi calling is off).

We previously had the S8 and it had no such issues in the same location. Does the S10+ antenna just suck that much more or is there a solution to this? Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hey! Have you tried turning off your Wi-Fi and using your mobile data to see if that works? 

Highlighted

We have, and it does not appear to be able load anything from the internet. So despite strong roaming signal (-67 dBm), there's no data support? This location is in the middle of a large metro area, albeit in a basement office. Thanks.

Highlighted

Being in a basement office, your data connection may be a bit slow due to location, but you mentioned this happening while connected to WiFi also. Do you get any error messages and are you able to send MMS messages? 

Highlighted

Internet on wifi works just fine. Internet on roaming data in this locations gives the following error: "Looks like you're not connected to a network. Check your settings and try again". My problem is literally that we cannot send or receive MMS messages (SMS is fine)...don't care about the internet because we have wifi access. Thanks.

Highlighted

the problem you are seeing is the phone must drop down to mobile data to authenticate and then back to wifi or whatnot to fire it off/receive the MMS...so if you dont have a mobile data connection or barely a roaming data connection it cant authenticate...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

So there is no solution besides the S10+ antenna is a significant downgrade from the S8...and despite good roaming signal with functional voice capability, you can get zero data service? Thanks.

Highlighted

youre kind of in the worst case scenario when it comes to getting signal though. basement wise you could probably request one of the signal boosters that runs off your home net that gives you mobile signal back again

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat