cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint employee changed my phone number and now my phone won't work!

Journeyman

Sprint employee changed my phone number and now my phone won't work!

I switched from Verizon to sprint and while setting up my phone, the worker apparently changed my phone number and my phone is screwed up.

First of all he didn't tell that he was changing it which is very annoying but he must have not known what he was doing because now I am not getting any texts. All of my contacts still have my old number so whenever I text them it shows up as unknown and It says unavailable whenever I try and send something in a group chat. It says that my old number is still in the chat but my new one isn't which makes no sense.

Also I tried calling my old phone number to see what would happen and it brought me to the voicemail set up thing, which means that it is my phone number. I then tried calling my new number and it just rang and went to voicemail as if I was calling someone else. I am extremely frustrated and would like to know what is going on.

1 REPLY 1
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Sprint employee changed my phone number and now my phone won't work!

Hi Liz! Can you please send us a Private Message so we can look into this? We'll need the phone number we're working with and the account PIN or security question answer.

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat