cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text I did not send.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Text I did not send.

This past Tuesday my wife received a text that appeared to be from me but I did not send, I contacted sprint through the chat to see if I could find text logs before the next billing cycle but for some reason they didn't have access to the messaged between the times this happened. I have also seen in the past that this may be the system purging old undelivered texts, but the text doesn't read like something I would write i.e. abbreviation of words that I tend not to do. 

I have called customer service several times and they seem to be confused as to what my concern is. First my phone has no record of that text being sent to her, yet her phone is showing a text from me that I didn't send. We can wait until the bill to view the text logs but if there is someone accessing our information the earlier it is found the earlier it can be stopped.

Is there any way someone could research this from the fraud department or technical services to find out what is going on. I am worried at this point that either mine or my wife's phone has a virus or has been hacked, possibly accessing the information on my sim card and testing it by sending a text that may normally be overlooked.

Thanks in advance, and please feel free to request any additional information.

Scott.      

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the exact same thing happen between me and my two daughters.  On 3 different days each one of us has received a text from another one of us and we didn't send them.  Last Friday, daughter number 1 received a text from me that I didn't send.  This past Tuesday I received 2 texts from daughter number 2 that she didn't send.  Then today daughter number 2 received a text from me that I didn't send.  These aren't texts that we would have ever sent.  2 of the texts talked about people by name that we don't even know.  And the 3rd text is something I would never say.  This is totally crazy.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

I'm sending a private message for more info. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

This same thing just happened to me.  I called my husband, his phone went to voicemail.  I then texted him and said phone went to voicemail.  immediately after I texted him, he received another text from "my number"

doesnt show in my history of sending, can this be checked out

Highlighted

Hi there, how long has this been happening? Also is it happening to multiple numbers?

S.R
Highlighted
Journeyman

I did not receive a private message from anyone at sprint, maybe it was only for the person that responded to me. 

From What I've been able to figure out it isn't happening to any other numbers either in my contacts or on my account except almost a week to the day after the text my Wife received, I received one from her phone that she didn't send. One thing I've noticed is there's no punctuation and the wrong words are capitalized. I spoke to someone at sprints "fraud/hacking" line and I'm not sure there is an difference between that and regular customer service. She was very willing to help but did not fully understand what problem I was having and had no idea why no "texts" showed up between my wife and I. I later found out that if the conversation is a "chat" it doesn't save the numbers to the text history. Both messages we received were chat type messages, basically has read and delivered reports. According to the rep on sprint they were going to monitor my account for the week and if they found anything they would contact me. I did have an issue and have yet to receive a call from Sprint. I'd like to talk to someone here before going through the mess that is calling customer service. I need to know how to scan both phones to look for suspect software or if it is through google I need to contact them to find out what to do to stop this from happening. I'm concerned as to what else they have access to and what all I need to look into changing or if I should just contact the identity theft department of my insurance and have them look into everything before it gets worse.

Thanks in advance,

Scott     

Highlighted

Hi! I don't think anyone would like to be a victim of fraud or any type of "hacking". Let's check out your account for any information since you've already reported it and your account is suppose to be monitored. Sending you a private message now. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat