Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text i didn't send

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Text i didn't send

Running into an issue.

Someone recieved a text from me that I didn't send. They sent a screenshot of it and everything.

Only thing is i don't have a record of it on my end, i never sent it (unless i sleep texted it).

Any help/ thoughts? I just ran a virus and malware scan after she told me about it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hey folks, overnight, customers from most US carriers may have received or sent texts originally sent from that number several months ago.  We don't have a lot of details as to the specific root cause (we usually are not given that kind of information) but have been assured that it's being thoroughly investigated and is not expected to re-occur. 

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

That sounds very odd. Are you sure the message is not on your "Sent" folder? Also, it might be the case that this person has your name save with another number. 

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

I also had friends receive text messages that I didn't send last night around 3 or 4 in the morning that they screenshot to me.  What is going on? 

Highlighted

My wife received a text from me at 12:30 last night. I never sent it. She sent me a screen shot of it too. 

Highlighted

What did the messages say? 

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

“How do you know you’ll like it?”

Highlighted

That's the hope, but will know better tomorrow, my guess is I'll leave closer to 4

Highlighted

Thanks. We'll be investigating and we'll get back to you as soon as we find out what's going on. 

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Please do, because this is creepy and disturbing. I’m also concerned that my business contacts may have been compromised as well. 

Highlighted

We'll do our best. 

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

I would appreciate it. This has caused a fight

Highlighted

Hey guys, please send us the following information via private message. 

• Phone number that sent the message
  • Recipient phone number
  • Date and time message was sent
  • Date and time message was originally sent

Click on my name to send me a private message. 

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat