cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting broken for sprint phone number, upgraded phone but problem still persists

Journeyman

Texting broken for sprint phone number, upgraded phone but problem still persists

I am not able to receive text messages from anyone outside the Sprint network. From within the sprint network, texting is very slow. I live in the Detroit metro area with good 4GLTE coverage. Been dealing with this issue now since I joined Sprint almost 9 months ago.

Here's what I've done so far since I noticed it happening - 

* Update PRL

* Update Profile

* Reset network connection

* Check device settings

* Called Sprint twice. Spent time on Sprint chat twice. Got to higher level support. During each of these instances they said that they had no previous evidence that I contacted them before and said a network engineer would contact me. Nobody has.

* Recently I decided it was my android phone (I had a Moto X2, paid good money for), swapped it for a Samsung S8. Performed the PRL and Profile updates on the new phone, still the texting problem continues.

I believe the issue is within Sprint's allocation of my phone number, something isn't setup right internally at the servers.

Any suggestions? I appreciate any help you can provide. It's been Really frustrating journey so far. Honestly I am thinking of cutting my losses leaving Sprint if this continues.

2 REPLIES 2
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Texting broken for sprint phone number, upgraded phone but problem still persists

Well this is a pickle amsoles. I sent you a PM so I can gather some more info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Re: Texting broken for sprint phone number, upgraded phone but problem still persists

Appreciate your help. I'll contact you over PM!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat