cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send MMS or SMS to Group Chats / Android Users (iPhone XS)

Journeyman

Unable to send MMS or SMS to Group Chats / Android Users (iPhone XS)

Ever since the carrier update a few days ago I have been unable to send MMS messages to Android users. I am also unable to send messages in group chats where an android user is present. 

5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Unable to send MMS or SMS to Group Chats / Android Users (iPhone XS)

Hi drewbear! Can we try some basic troubleshooting? Will you please try the following:

1. Select Settings.
  2. Select Mobile Data.
  3. Select Mobile Data Options.
  4. Select Mobile Data Network.
  5. Scroll to and select Reset Settings.
  6. Select Reset. Your phone will reset to default Internet and MMS settings. MMS problems should be solved at this point. ...
  7. Select Settings.
  8. Select Mobile Data.
  9. Select mobile Data Options
  10. Select Mobile Data Network
  11. Enter MMS information (Note: The only Values that should be changed are APN, MMSC & MMS Proxy)
  12. Your phone has now been set up to MMS

Journeyman

I have been through all the basic troubleshooting steps and taken my phone to the apple store to confirm this was a sprint issue and not hardware related. Also those steps don't appear to be for an iPhone....

Yes those steps are for an iphone. And who walked you through your basic troubleshooting? Was it someone at the store, over the phone or in a chat?

Journeyman

I worked with a chat rep, a sprint tech over the phone and my case was escalated to the Network team. Please advise where you see "Mobile Data" under settings on iOS 12.2? The only data options are under Cellular and they do not have any of the steps you are inferring in your post. 

Yes you're correct. Cellular instead of Mobile. When you replace mobile with cellular, does it still take you to the same settings to verify your APN, MMSC & MMS Proxy settings? 

But if a tech has already been through the basic trouble shooting with you and that still didn't work, then I will look into your account now and see what happened to your escalated case.

I am sending you a private message to request a bit more info.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat