cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send and receive MMS messages on Galaxy S7

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unable to send and receive MMS messages on Galaxy S7

For about 2 weeks now, both me and my husband have been unable to send and receive MMS messages on our phones. I tried clearing the cache and and data in the Messages app and restarting phone. When I try to download an MMS or send a group text message or a message with an attachment the status circle thingie just spins and spins and nothing ever happens. I don't get an error message.

I tried using Hands Free Activation to try to reconnect Voice and Data, but after 5 attempts I got an error message saying it was unable to connect.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
GrandMaster

you can jump onto your browser just fine with mobile data though correct? or no?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am not having quite the problem you are, but I have noticed that group text conversations deliver the notification of a message and a "Download" designation of the received message to the individual sender text conversations, then upon tapping on "Download" it downloads the message and delivers it to the group conversation rather than the individual one.  Super annoying for active conversations ... 

I'm not roaming either, at least not with LTE. I have that turned off. But possibly for voice/text I am still roaming behind the scenes. Maybe I will turn off voice/text roaming and see if it still does it. 

All seems to be pointing back to device changes they made to make our devices prematurely point to T-Mobile towers instead of Sprint, even though their towers are not at all ready for the transition. Thanks T-Mobile. 

Highlighted

It looks like I'm not actually able to connect to the internet using just mobile data.

Highlighted

download a different texting app (Handcent, GoSMS and Textra are pretty decent ones i have used in the past) ...set it as the primary texing app then try sending yourself a pic and see if it comes through..cant fully rule out that its the stock app having the problem..most of the issues i have come across as of late are with the S8 and up.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

If on Samsung, you natively have a choice between two messaging apps ... one from Google as part of Android and the other from Samsung. They are slightly different and some features work only in one or the other, but from a general texting app perspective both are decent.

However, if the problem is on the network connectivity side both will experience same issues. The only ones which would likely work if it is a network issue are those which will send texts over wif/data vs. over the voice/text signal. 

Highlighted

i miss read your post on Friday...mobile data is needed in order to send/receive MMS messages. lack of mobile data is why youre more than likely running into this...is the data issue location based as in you leave your home or work and you get signal back or does it follow you no matter where you go?

@jasminehaas wrote:

It looks like I'm not actually able to connect to the internet using just mobile data.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat