cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volte galaxy watch note 9

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Volte galaxy watch note 9

Tech support told me yesterday that VOLTE was still not available for my Galaxy S9+ device (even though it was for S8 and S10) but after an update last night I turned the option on and it works in Charlotte, NC!! Still waiting to actually be able to use my galaxy watch though as a standalone because it wont call or text....

Journeyman

As soon as I realized yesterday the watch does NOT work standalone (by being stranded on the side of the road with a dead phone) I told them to refund me for the LTE plan and cancel it until it actually works, and they did. You pay for the watch's own line and phone number, it has a SIM but you CANNOT yet make or receive calls from it, I really don't see how that isn't fraud....

Journeyman

A month later still no help! Next week will be mid-2019 and we are still getting the run around...All of our phones should be free! I think our bills should be credited with the price we payed for our phones/watches...Over 6 months of promises and we still can't make a call and be online at the same time. This is ridiculous. I really didn't want the hassle of switching but...At this point I'm going to follow everyone's else I know and leave sprint!

Journeyman

Cue up Sprint employee to say "Soon".

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Hi missmassagechic, I understand that it is frustrating that yet still you are not able to talk on you phone and be on the internet at the same time 😥 

We would hate for you to leave our Sprint Family 💛🖤 but at the same time understand your frustration especially since we depend on our phone heavily these days as the primary source for almost everything. May I ask what area you live in? Also, what type of phone do you have?

Journeyman

That is not an answer it's the same thing you guys have been saying for over a year.  

I hear ya Odieo4ever. In late 2018 VoLTE was soft launched into a test market. The testing went so well, that a full launch was started in Jan. 2019 new Cities and States are being added almost daily. What City and State are you located in? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Everyone on this forum knows which markets the volte is in, the problem is the Note 9 among others, and as the op stated, the watch.  What bothers me, for instance, is that I traded in an S-8+ that HAD volte for a $1000 Note 9 that is capable of having volte but does not due to Sprint, and all we hear is “soon”.  I can’t talk on Bluetooth and use GPS, obviously I can’t use internet and talk, and the play store caller ids won’t work either because there is no data when the phone rings.  Please don’t say the phone is incapable either, as before Android Pie the setting could be changed to enable enhanced calling which would allow phone and data simultaneously.  

A clear answer as to as to when we can properly use the expensive equipment we bought is all we ask at the moment.  I can’t imagine buying a watch that cannot be used as stated.

I hear ya Rico126. Some devices are not compatible with Sprint's VoLTE. If any customer has a question regarding which Cities, and States currently have VoLTE, or which devices are compatible please let me know, and I'll be more than happy to gather that info for them. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

So are you saying that the Note 9 is incompatible with Sprint’s volte?

From the info I have, this phone is currently not compatible. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Journeyman

Will it ever be?
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat