cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't MMS text while on a call

Journeyman

can't MMS text while on a call

While on a call on the Sprint LTE network, I am unable to send or receive MMS messages (SMS works fine). This problem persists whether I'm connected on Wifi or not. i am using a Motorola G6. thanks for any help to reconfigure / fix

8 REPLIES 8
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: can't MMS text while on a call

Howdy mdgoldbe. MMS text use cellular data, and, at this time and in some areas, data can't be accessed at the same time as when calling. But that is soon to be a thing of the past. Sprint launched VoLTE in Jan. 2019, and new Cities and States area being added almost weekly. If you'd like for me to check your City, State, and Phone compatibility just let me know. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
GrandMaster

which messaging app is used stock on the G6 phones?

and does it by chance have RCS (Rich Communication Services)? as in you send someone a message and you can see if they read it and if they are responding?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thanks Cat who looks like a pup!

Riverside Ave., Charlottesville, VA 22902

Phone is a Moto G6 with (Google) Messages v 4.6.373 as the app

It doesn't seem to be related to where I am and I didn't have this problem with this same phone when it was activated on Sprint less than 2 mos ago

Journeyman

Thanks!

I'm not using stock, rather Google's Android Messenger which is supposed to support RCS.

what is the relationship between RCS and basic ability to support MMS.

My more pressing need is that when I'm on a business conference call, I am often getting texts from our team and can't read them because they are group texts so MMS.

thanks again,marc

Yep that's my Smidgy bear. LOL. Give me a couple mins to look at this location. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.

Alrighty. I've looked into VoLTE, and your area should have it, but the device isn't VoLTE compatible. 

I understand that this just started and I'd like to take a deeper look into this for you. I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

GrandMaster

with Google Messages if RCS is able to be used there is an option in settings-advanced i believe that will allow it to send/receive texts via wifi.

all dependent on if it has RCS though.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

Thanks fireguy_6364, for the extra info. It's greatly appreciated. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat