cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone in blacklist/greylist

Journeyman

iPhone in blacklist/greylist

Hello everybody,

As a lot of people before me I have bought an iPhone 8 in Europe (so not in USA) from somebody in October 2018, I’ve checked the imei put my sim on it everything was working great but today (time has gone) i decided to make an réinitialisation and, surprise, I’ve seen it was impossible to complete the reactivation.

After retrying many times I have decided to check the imei again and lucky how I am It was on blacklist.

With some investigation more the sanction seems to be made by Sprint, what I would like to know is: what is the cause of the blacklist, obviously find a solution to unblacklists it. I’ve kept all the discussions with the seller for the proofs of it can be useful because of course he won’t do anything to fix the problem ...

I hope I will found a solution and thank you in advance to the importance you will give to my topic

5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: iPhone in blacklist/greylist

We can see what happened. There could be many reasons why it was re-locked. Please send me a PM with the IMEI of the device, and I can look into it. 

Journeyman

With some investigation more the sanction seems to be made by Sprint, what I would like to know is: what is the cause of the blacklist, obviously find a solution to unblacklists it. I’ve kept all the discussions with the seller for the proofs of it can be useful because of course he won’t do anything to fix the problem ...

@kailiyatsi, Typically, blacklisting means the phone has been reported lost or stolen. Do you have a phone that you're trying to activate on Sprint?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

@kailiyatsi wrote:
With some investigation more the sanction seems to be made by Sprint, what I would like to know is: what is the cause of the blacklist, obviously find a solution to unblacklists it. I’ve kept all the discussions with the seller for the proofs of it can be useful  filezilla uc mini rufus  because of course he won’t do anything to fix the problem ...

@SARILIYATSIA, are you needing assistance with a phone?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat