cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intermittent texting problems to Iphones only, "NOT SENT-TAP TO RETRY" on towers not wi-fi

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

intermittent texting problems to Iphones only, "NOT SENT-TAP TO RETRY" on towers not wi-fi

as above when connected to towers NOT ON WIFI I try to text only Iphones it will not sent, I try to another iphone   and it is fine, or Android also ok. tried cold restart, resetting all text settings, even erased & re-entered phone book info for affected, & updated PRL/profile & system. INTERMITANT  and also from different geological locations   😖 i'm so confused 😖  voice is fine

3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: intermittent texting problems to Iphones only, "NOT SENT-TAP TO RETRY" on towers not wi-fi

That's not good Jimtig. I'll be more than happy to look into this for you. Just a few questions: 

-  May I have a couple cross streets, and the zip?

- Is the MMS or SMS turned on?

- Have you completed a Network reset recently? 

- Is the message bubble blue or green?

- Can you send text to Android devices? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Re: intermittent texting problems to Iphones only, "NOT SENT-TAP TO RETRY" on towers not w

thank you for your prompt reply  Sir, the problem turns from a small issue to a major texting disaster shortly after I posted this text it would not text to anybody,  when I went to send the app what is shut down and I would get  The white box that the app has stopped running, I would get the same shut down message if I went into settings then as soon as I hit chat settings and shut down also. If I uninstall updates it would revert to original messages App and work fine so I looked and noticed there was an  automatic messages update received and figured that must've been the culprit, so after 60+ crash reports I've sent there was a carrier services update  and that corrected all of the problems. I  turn off auto updates so anytime in the future if something goes awry I won't spin my wheels for a couple of days. Thank you again for your interest.  if you are interested this happened on a Keyoçera duraforce one running android 6.0.1   thanks again 

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: intermittent texting problems to Iphones only, "NOT SENT-TAP TO RETRY" on towers not w

We're glad to hear that you got the issue sorted out by updating the app/software. If you have any other issues, please let us know!

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat