cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intermittent texting problems to Iphones only, "NOT SENT-TAP TO RETRY" on towers not wi-fi

Go to solution
Journeyman

intermittent texting problems to Iphones only, "NOT SENT-TAP TO RETRY" on towers not wi-fi

as above when connected to towers NOT ON WIFI I try to text only Iphones it will not sent, I try to another iphone   and it is fine, or Android also ok. tried cold restart, resetting all text settings, even erased & re-entered phone book info for affected, & updated PRL/profile & system. INTERMITANT  and also from different geological locations   😖 i'm so confused 😖  voice is fine

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: intermittent texting problems to Iphones only, "NOT SENT-TAP TO RETRY" on towers not wi-fi

That's not good Jimtig. I'll be more than happy to look into this for you. Just a few questions: 

-  May I have a couple cross streets, and the zip?

- Is the MMS or SMS turned on?

- Have you completed a Network reset recently? 

- Is the message bubble blue or green?

- Can you send text to Android devices? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Re: intermittent texting problems to Iphones only, "NOT SENT-TAP TO RETRY" on towers not w

thank you for your prompt reply  Sir, the problem turns from a small issue to a major texting disaster shortly after I posted this text it would not text to anybody,  when I went to send the app what is shut down and I would get  The white box that the app has stopped running, I would get the same shut down message if I went into settings then as soon as I hit chat settings and shut down also. If I uninstall updates it would revert to original messages App and work fine so I looked and noticed there was an  automatic messages update received and figured that must've been the culprit, so after 60+ crash reports I've sent there was a carrier services update  and that corrected all of the problems. I  turn off auto updates so anytime in the future if something goes awry I won't spin my wheels for a couple of days. Thank you again for your interest.  if you are interested this happened on a Keyoçera duraforce one running android 6.0.1   thanks again 

Highlighted

Re: intermittent texting problems to Iphones only, "NOT SENT-TAP TO RETRY" on towers not w

We're glad to hear that you got the issue sorted out by updating the app/software. If you have any other issues, please let us know!

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat