cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximum number of members in group text - workaround?

Journeyman

maximum number of members in group text - workaround?

I think this has been covered many times - but hoping someone has found a solution. Need to be able to receive and respond to group texts with over 10 participants. I have an android, and know that imessage users (ipone) are allowed "unlimited" members in the group - but when I am in a group with imessage users, I miss out on text messages due to the limits on Android/Sprint.

Is there any work-around to this yet? Aside from going to iphone (which will not happen), is there an alternate app or service out there for this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: maximum number of members in group text - workaround?

Hi there. There is no work around from a normal text-messaging perspective, but there are plenty of app options out there for group messaging. Things like Facebook messenger and WhatsApp can both be used for group messaging with large groups. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Thanks...unfortunately that means all participants need to use that same app. Not possible to get 20 people to change their core messaging app.

Thank you again!

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I hear ya mjccav11. Have a wonderful day. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat