cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spam text

Go to solution
Journeyman

spam text

I have been getting 1 or 2 spam SMS texts a day for the last week. All are from different numbers, all addressed to JUNE (not my name or even close), all mention Amazon gifts, all have different web links starting with t.co/ and ending in ?amp=1

I forward each message to 7726 with the originating number, block that number, & report each one to the FTC. I called Sprint but they offered no help. Blocking a number does nothing to stop the next one from a different number.

I downloaded a free app called SMS blocker, but all it does is put the spam in a different folder. I still get an alert for the text, which I have to read to dismiss.

1 REPLY 1
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: spam text

I understand your frustration. I've been getting them too. I figured I had blocked so many phone calls, that they just started texted. Unfortunately, we're still working with many agencies to get all of these unwanted contacts to stop. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat