cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to send or receive picture messages to android off my iphone xs max

Journeyman

unable to send or receive picture messages to android off my iphone xs max

any help out there! i can’t send or receive picture messages to android. i need a mms reset! 

27 REPLIES 27
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: unable to send or receive picture messages to android off my iphone xs max

Hey there layd11gbo. A few questions. Is this happening on a brand new device or is this just now starting to happen on your XS Max? Is this only happening with one person, or is it happening with multiple android users?

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

hello @OldGreg_Sprint yes it is a new device & yes it is happening with multiple android users

Thank you for confirming that for me. Are your other non-picture messages getting through OK along with regular iMessages?

I would do the following to toggle off SMS and MMS then try resetting your profile. Once the profile reset is done, go ahead and toggle SMS and MMS back on. 

• SMS: On the device, select Settings > Messages > Send as SMS, tap button to turn OFF.
  • MMS: On the device, select Settings > Messages > MMS Messaging, tap button to turn OFF.
  1. Tap Phone icon.
  2. Tap Key Pad if necessary.
  3. Enter ##873283# then tap Call icon.
  4. When Starting Service Update appears, tap OK.
  5. When Service Update Complete appears, tap OK.
    • The Radio will reset.
    • When Sprint displays in the top left corner, the iPhone update has completed

Journeyman

@OldGreg_Sprint everything works to my knowledge except sending/receiving pictures to android users. the instructions you just gave did not work 

I'm going to shoot you a PM to collect some account info so I can take a peek behind the scenes and see if I can see anything out of order. Keep an eye out for the PM shortly.

Journeyman

I too am having an issue with painfully slow MMS messages, the messages can take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour to complete the send or receive, everything else on the phone appears to be working properly. (eg sms, phone calls, data, etc)

I am using a Galaxy S8, I have the latest downloadable firmware installed, using the stock messaging app, and it doesn't matter if I'm on cellular data (LTE) or WiFi calling.  The phone has been rebooted, I will not blindly reset the phone to factory.

The only MMS message I've been sending contains pictures if that matters.

-TL

Journeyman

@Time_Lord Are you using a Sprint based phone or a Virgin Mobile based phone?

Good, Better, Best don't give up until your good is better than your best! Be the Aristocratic one and give KUDOS and push the Solution button.
Journeyman

Using a Sprint SIM locked Galaxy S8 phone on Sprint's network.

Journeyman

Are you reciving any warnings of "file too large"?

Good, Better, Best don't give up until your good is better than your best! Be the Aristocratic one and give KUDOS and push the Solution button.
Journeyman

no i wasn’t, but the problem has been fixed, i still don’t know why it was doing it but i reset all settings & now it works 

Journeyman

no errors, the message eventually goes through, just takes a very long time.  both sending and receiving MMS, simple SMS messages however are fine and so is everything else.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat