cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check it out - Android Auto across Dual Screens - LG V60 ThinQ Dual Screen

Sprint Product Ambassador
I found out about this app in the Play store called 'WideMode' for LG. Basically it adds an icon to the dropdown shortcuts menu that allows you to make any app stretch across the dual screens. It works as advertised - though there's one thing I don't like about it. As soon as you open another app it doesn't automatically stretch and it shuts the active stretch too. What I mean is, I open android auto - I pull down and activate to stretch across dual screen. If I open Spotify it goes back to 1 screen.
Anyway, it's great to set it and forget it for a full screen view of Maps. I use my stand that works for my non-dual screen devices too. Phone stays in and the hinged part hangs down with no interference.
Pretty cool.
see attached pics.
 20200622_191238.jpg

NewYork_NY_0-1594051098764.png

Questions? Interested in the V60 ThinQ 5G Dual Screen? Let me know!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: I am super lucky to be able to take part in the Sprint/T-Mobile Device Ambassador program. The Product Ambassadors love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of  devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassadors shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint, T-Mobile or the device manufacturers. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. My opinions are my own. I am a Device Ambassador and Blogger... I am not a Corporate or Device Manufacturer spokesperson. #SprintProductAmbassador 

#LG, #LGG8ThinQ, #LGDualScreen, #DualScreen, #LGCase, #Foldable, #LGV60, #LGV60ThinQ, #5G, #LGV605G, #LGV60DualDisplay, #LGV60DualScreen, #ThinQ

12 Comments
GrandMaster

once you were out of Spotify did it auto kick back to the wide mode or do you have to manually switch it back every time you open a second app and then leave it while maps was going still?

Community Manager

Activate your V60 and let us know!  😂

GrandMaster

check your pm...its been one of THOSE days today lol

Unfortunately the 3rd party 'wide mode' app (it's not made by or sanctioned by LG) doesn't keep the phone in wide when opening another app. You have to switch it back. It's a little thing that drives me nuts since it means I can't tap it while driving. Once it's set it has to stay that way... not work risking an accident. I can live with it, but it's kind of annoying and one of the things people mentioned in comments on the App store. I didn't know what they were referring to until I used it. 

GrandMaster

im still going to mess with it anyways..would be kinda cool..i rarely run both Spotify and Maps at the same time unless im traveling (safe to say current travel plans are on hold lol) however it does happen from time to time..so i'll be messing with it for sure.

the first thing i noticed when i unboxed it was the overall weight of it..which auto made me debate my current phone holder in my truck that connects to my vent..dont think it'll hold it.. 08 Ram so trying to locate a place to mount that and not block a ton of stuff is going to be fun lol

First solution for wide screen maps - use Android Auto with Spotify integration.  Mess with that and see how it goes. I think you'll be pleased with the outcome there. Also has Audible and other audio options. 

Second for the vent holder - I doubt it will stay in place due to the weight with the dual screen. I'd recommend the suction mount for sure. Worth a try, just don't scratch your new toy. 

GrandMaster

my current G8 is still in pristine condition...or close to it..shockingly lol

yeh im probably going to order the one you have there..looks solid and worst case i'll attach it to my windshield possibly. on the drive home i'll debate possible locations for it.

My G8 is like new too!

GrandMaster

have tried out that wireless car mount for two days now (with the G8...im getting there with the V60 lol) and that thing is pretty solid. slightly odd having that physical Google button on the side there when mounting it in anything though. any easier with the V60?

Community Manager

Activate it and let us know!

Hi @fireguy_6364 - was off for the week. Just saw your Q re: the google button. I haven't accidentally hit the button on the V60. Just the bigger body I suppose 

GrandMaster

man this thing is beastly lol. im diggin it but have only found a few reasons to keep the 2nd screen set up on it...but that is due to my personal habits and what i tend to do with my phone compared to not really do lol.

video watching was rather nice on that second screen though.