Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Features of LG G8X ThinQ

Sprint Product Ambassador

Let’s talk features of the LG G8X ThinQ

LG has a great ambition to design a phone to compete with major competitors, to begin with, but when they came out with the G8X ThinQ it’s a different design entirely. In this blog, I am going to discuss its many features and how it may stand up against in the market. There is not much difference in the operating as it comes with a Qualcomm's Snapdragon 855 chipset plus 6GB of RAM and runs pretty smoothly through downloads and app retrieval. The LG G8X ThinQ comes with not only 1 but 2 screens and they are both identical and feature a 6.4inch FullVision OLED screen. During recent use, I have noticed no issues with visualization indoors however comparing it to recent competitors this phone is not going to place first for outside viewing for sure. The battery is super thin and is 4000mAh and there will be a separate blog that will give all the pros and cons of this battery and how it holds up to support the two-screen system. One feature you will find that some of the other phones on market lack is a headphone jack. That is a beneficial feature to have for avid music listeners although most are transitioning to wireless headsets which is also a possibility with this device. As for the photographer, this may not be your best choice as the rear cameras are 12 and 13 megapixels. Unlike the prior G8 phone that allowed for entry through the palm reading front camera this device is going to boast a great quality 32-megapixel selfie cam. Stay tuned for a camera post once I find something quality to shoot as I am sure you don’t want the selfie cam to capture me. LG did an amazing job at keeping this device around $700 which may give this device an edge up. Its uniqueness and possibilities will have me continuing to use the device in hopes of completely fall in love because with that price tag I will share why choosing this device can work on a budget.

Disclaimer: Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that loves technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”