cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting familiar with the LG G8x Thinq Dual Screen

Sprint Product Ambassador

So, it' been a couple of weeks now and I'm really starting to get the hang of this thing.

First thing to call out - there is a bit of a learning curve with this device. It's a bit frustrating, but stick with it and the payoff will come.

First off, there's still the wow factor. People ask me about this device as soon as I unfold it. The 2nd screen lighting up and having controls and view of the camera/gallery is awesome. It's a major eye catcher, as well as truly functional. Seeing the picture I just took on the 2nd screen allows me to take fewer pictures in a shorter amount of time.

I still love the LG Watermark Capability too. Not a lot of competitors allow that, and adding a watermark AFTER the picture is taken is a real pain in the butt.

Games... I'm NOT a gamer, but it's hard not to become one once you get to use the 2nd screen for gaming. The main display becomes a game controller and it's SICK! Do people still say that? Seriously, the controller is also customizable!!! Set it how you like it... gives you a bit of an unfair advantage in some cases. I'e been playing Asphalt 9 and it feels very similar to console gaming. Not quite as good, but getting there. I have to try fortnight next... though my nephews disgrace me on that one.

Tips - Wireless Charging with a new 15w charger is great. Faster than charging the phone with the adapter and plug by far. For fastest charging, remove the phone from the dual screen and plug it in properly to the USB+C. Definitely your best bet. Still, adaptive wireless charging is good.

GPS on this device is solid too. Sometimes I find devices don't connect all that well. This one does with no problem.

LG Pay - it's like the Sammy one, only by LG. While the affiliations with store programs isn't as streamlined, you can add all your favorite cards and add a picture of the card itself to the wallet. The mobile payment is FAST. Also, you get $10 for signing up as a new customer to LG Pay. I have to remember to use my $10!

That's all for now. Again, remember your belt.

What's your favorite feature/use case of the LG G8X ThinQ?

Questions?

R

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: I am super lucky to be able to take part in the Sprint Device Ambassador program. The Product Ambassadors love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of  devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassadors shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint or the device manufacturers. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. My opinions are my own. I am a Device Ambassador and Blogger... I am not a Corporate or Device Manufacturer spokesperson. #SprintProductAmbassador 

#LG #LGG8x #LGG8XDualDisplay #DualDisplay #ThinQ