Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 4 Camera Demo / Nature Walk /Florida Winter – Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Google Pixel 4 Camera Demo Nature Walk Florida Winter – Sprint Product Ambassadors

Although I’m by no means a photographer, I do still like to take pictures (who doesn’t).  I tend to gravitate towards natural wonders and although mostly limited to the creatures in my back yard, I do occasionally walk the hiking trails here in central Florida.  Last week was a particularly nice day (we get a lot of 80-degree days even in the winter) and figured, there was no better time to take my Pixel 4 for a spin and see how it performs in novice hands and natural light.

So here is a little show and tell of my journey and the different things I used on my Pixel 4.

IMG_20200220_151823.jpg

This is the trailhead I start from over in Oviedo, FL. 

Lush mature canopy of fine trees.  Lots of cypress trees, palms, pines and oaks.  Old wild Florida.Lush mature canopy of fine trees. Lots of cypress trees, palms, pines and oaks. Old wild Florida.

From the start you feel like you are right in an ancient southern landscape.  Not quite Everglades but far from the theme parks and busy city lights.

Cypress knees seen throughout the lowlands where water collectsCypress knees seen throughout the lowlands where water collects

A strange sight for those unknowing.  These are cypress knees which are basically a unearthed root that grows close to the surface.  These can be found throughout the trail but more so near water. 

Bear?  Deer?  Bobcat? Who knows?Bear? Deer? Bobcat? Who knows?

Lots of evidence of wildlife.  There are bear, deer, coyote and bobcats in these woods.  You have to keep a eye and ear open at all times. 

The tallest Orange Tree I have ever seen.  Oh I wonder how it got there.The tallest Orange Tree I have ever seen. Oh I wonder how it got there.

Hard to see but among these trees is the tallest orange tree I have ever seen.  Which I would guess about 15 to 18 feet tall.  Most of the old grove trees I've seen are much shorter, much fuller and don't look half as healthy as this tree.

Lots of Oranges high up on the limbs.Lots of Oranges high up on the limbs.

About 12 feet up you can see lots of very good looking oranges.  Way out of of reach but look good nevertheless.

Deer tracks seen all over but no deer that I saw.Deer tracks seen all over but no deer that I saw.

In the more sandy terrain, you can see an array of tracks.  Lots of deer tracks,  A pretty large snake trail and something I couldn't tell if it was a dog, coyote or raccoon. 

Another non-native plant but cleverly makes a good landmark (Pineapple)Another non-native plant but cleverly makes a good landmark (Pineapple)

Stay in Florida long enough and things that don't belong will stand out.  This is a Pineapple and growing rather well.  You can start these from a top and eventually will give you small little yellow pineapples to eat (much smaller than store bought).  I found this one very helpful when walking back as it was a landmark like no other.

At the Bank of the Econlockhatchee River.At the Bank of the Econlockhatchee River.

Walk far enough and you will hit the Econlockhatchee River.  The pixel took great pictures at the shore edge and this tree was quite a way off in the distance.   It looks clear and the color is a good representation of how it really looked.

The Pixel 4 also takes great selfies.The Pixel 4 also takes great selfies.

Did I mention the front camera also takes great shots?  I don't do many selfies but the cypress knees made for a good swampie kinda backdrop.

See even I can take great pictures with the Google Pixel 4 and that says alot. 

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.