cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got your hands on the LG G8X ThinQ Dual Screen and need some tips/hacks?

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hey all - I was combing the web for LG G8X related information and came across this LG channel that consists of tons of short videos to help you get going on your LG G8x ThinQ Dual Screen. Oh, and I also figured out another use to help mom...

OK, so first here's the link to all the videos from LG - https://www.youtube.com/user/LGMobileHQ/videos 

As for my dual screen use case for helping mom... 

If you aren't familiar with the program 'Team Viewer' it's basically a free application that allows you to connect from your computer to another persons computer to handle tech support type stuff. 

For example, I log into Team Viewer on my computer and mom opens Team Viewer on her computer. She provides me with a code and I'm able to view her screen, gain full access to her PC, move her mouse etc. to provide computer support. Trust me - this is WAY better than trying to explain to her how to fix things on there herself. I think that may have actually caused me to go bald in the past - I digress. 

Anyway, they came out with a version of Team Viewer for Android and I was able to access my mom's Android Phone from my LG G8x ThinQ. Coolest part was I was able to have her phone up on the dual screen with Team Viewer to manipulate her settings while talking to her on the phone and while looking at my own settings on the other screen to make sure we had them set the same way. 

So yeah, just another good use for the dual screen - tech support via dual screen to the rescue. 

Have some questions or tips on the LG G8X ThinQ Dual Screen? Let me know! 

thumbnail 3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: I am super lucky to be able to take part in the Sprint Device Ambassador program. The Product Ambassadors love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of  devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassadors shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint or the device manufacturers. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. My opinions are my own. I am a Device Ambassador and Blogger... I am not a Corporate or Device Manufacturer spokesperson. #SprintProductAmbassador 

#LG #LGG8x #LGG8XDualDisplay #DualDisplay #ThinQ