cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Blackberry KEYone any good? Don't take my word for it: Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

My use experience with the KEYone has been fun. In a world cluttered with devices that from a distance all look the same, the KEYone stands out for sure. In the last few weeks, there have been several random strangers stop me to ask, “What kind of phone is that?”

The look on their face when I say it is the new Blackberry is just priceless. Folks over 40 tend to jump right into a story about “back in the day” when they were crackberry addicts pounding out e-mails on their trusty Curve. Folks under 40 and especially the millennials seem aghast that anyone would consider a phone with such a tiny screen and a keyboard.  

20170827_192135.jpg

To say this is a niche market device is certainly true. For me, I am generally pretty happy with any device I get to try as opposed to the hyper picky pros that work really hard to find reasons not to like a phone. Key is to think of each device within the target audience it was designed to serve.

Surprisingly, there seems to be a general feeling of positivity from the big guns on this one and to save you some time I have rounded up a few of the best posts to help you with your education. Pro, cons, and opinions of many are important before committing your hard earned money to a tech companion that should last you.

From PC World

“The hefty 3,405 mAH unit performed very well indeed--Lasting a day and a half under heavy use...it’s the longest lasting Android flagship we’ve seen in some time”

“While it won’t suit everyone, this is one of the very best Android phones on the market to the point where it’s a Phone of the Year contender.”

Phone of the year? Did you think you would ever hear that in 2017 when a reviewer was referencing a Blackberry? That is quite a positive statement.

From engadget

“The KEYone is an impressive device that channels the style and functionality of classic models. Even better, the KEYone is a respectable performer with a solid battery life”.

“I have been pleasantly surprised by how good the KEYone’s 12-megapixel main camera is”.

“I really did not expect to like the Blackberry KEYone”.

Android Authority

“The physical keyboard is just fantastic, there are tons of useful software features on board, and it's built like a rock.”

“This is one of the most interesting and productivity-focused phones we’ve ever used.”

Flossy Carter

“This phone’s go!”

“If you're looking for a phone that has the highest level of security, this is it.”

"This is a certified battery beast" 

Flossy starts his review with a rather long list of things he does not like about the device but even he in the end rates it as a go.

I could go on with more reviews but by now I am sure you are seeing quite a trend here. The reviewers and the users within the target market of this device and even others have been surprised and happy with the KEYone. If you are someone that appreciates validation for your purchase decisions. You can feel good about the KEYone.

Enough about me. What about you? Have you tried the new KEYone? Do you think there is a place for a keyboard-centric device in our all touch device world? Leave a comment and let me know. 

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee