cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a marriage made in heaven? Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ with DeX.

Sprint Product Ambassador

If you haven’t heard by now, the parity between the Galaxy Note 10+ with Dex and your personal computer has just come together seamlessly and efficiently which will make your life easier when balancing your business and your life assets.

I am a Systems Integrator who is pretty much on call 365 days. I carry my personal Surface Pro and my Smartphone with me everywhere I go. I do this because I need a way to stay connected no matter where I am on a moment notice. 

This past week I received the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ and so far so good and the key feature I am interested in checking out is DeX.

Screenshot_20190826-140730_DeX for PC.jpgComputer downloadComputer download

So, what is it?

DeX stands for “Desktop Experience” it allows you to connect a compatible Galaxy phone or tablet to an external monitor or your personal/work computer.DeX_DesktopDeX_Desktop

For me, I am using it to connect to my Surface Pro, but anyone can use it to connect to a Mac or PC. Once connected, you will have access to your favorite Microsoft Office, OneDrive, Outlook, and your gallery. These apps are conveniently integrated with the Galaxy Note10+ which will allow your phone to work just like a computer.

Access to your Apps through DeXAccess to your Apps through DeX

Access to device notificationsAccess to device notifications

Quick access to device settingsQuick access to device settings

As mentioned above, I carry my computer and smartphone with me, everyone. With DeX, I now have a personal computer which can fit into my pocket and there is no need for me to carry my Surface Pro with me.

No matter where I am i.e. the library, the office at a friend’s house, or another room in my home. As long as I have access to a monitor, I can connect the Note 10+ to it and have full access to all of my documents, apps, Microsoft Office Suite and pics as if I am in front of a traditional desktop setting.

Not only will you have access to the above-mentioned items, but you can still use a keyboard and mouse and manage the resizable windows in which you can tailor your own experience.

Auto connect_Notification alertsAuto connect_Notification alerts

Let’s not forget dual-mode: Allowing you to work in DeX with your favorite monitor and it continues to give you the flexibility of using your phone, to take notes, call and text at the same time. This is what I call taking care of business.

Are you looking for a deal?

Head over to www.Sprint.com and grab the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 for 50% off with Sprint Flex Lease, or get the Note 10+ for just $26.04/mo with Sprint Flex Lease. Offer ends 9/5

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that loves technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions about these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not officially represent the company, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.