cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G8X ThinQ with Dual Screen: How Many Screens Do I Really Need?

Sprint Product Ambassador

Do I really need to have the Dual Screen though? Am I really that much of a multitasker and busy person? Well, being able to be on the phone and check email is nice. Being able to text and research at the same time is nice. But having people peer over my shoulder with a “Whoa! What is that!” is really the coolest.

I wasn’t able to capture setting up the phone, since I had to start using it right away (cracked screen on old phone from dropping, I was desperate to start a new phone!) The LG G8X ThinQ itself is a light little thing – very sleek and thin. If I didn't have the dual screen, I would need a case for sure. The Dual Screen case makes it bigger too. Not really a “front pocket sized” phone –G8X ThinQ Size & Weight - 6.27” (H) x 2.98” (W) x 0.33” (D), 6.79 oz. • Dual Screen Size & Weight - 6.53" x 3.33" x 0.59"; 4.90 oz. • Combined Weight - 11.68 oz. 

My peer @NewYork_NY has a great blog showing how all of the pieces of the phone come together and look here.

But my first thoughts:

• Solid battery – Claims talk time is up to 30.9 hours – I’ve had it multitasking all day every day for a week and have yet to go under 40% at the end of the day.
  • Dual Screen Use – Can’t wait to show you how easy it is to bring up, change screens or applications – and can’t wait to try the mini-laptop feature and the gaming feature.
  • Camera – nothing super fancy, but pictures will be quite good (and since I use my phone for photos for Social Media Advertising and the School Yearbook, I want them to look good -- look for at least one blog just about that.

What do you want to know about the Dual Screen? I can’t wait to try out all of the features! Look for my next thoughts before the holiday next week.

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.