cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G8x ThinQ Dual Screen - a bit more

Sprint Product Ambassador

As I'm using the LG G8x ThinQ I'm learning about additional things I can do with it, and new ways to use it.

For one, as a musician I'm able to have my 'mix' app for in ear monitors open on one screen and have full control of my sound, while having a conversation in text open on the other screen about how to set up certain things on the mix app. Same goes with having the instruction guide open on one screen while using the other screen to edit settings etc.

In general, I think this is a great way to multi-task pretty much anything - however I find the dual screens awesome for getting support or providing support.

Another example - Helping Mom - texting with mom on how to use/do certain things on her Android phone. I can take a screen shot of android settings and send them over to her while we're in a text conversation - or a screen shot of my call log to show her that yes, her son did indeed call her a few times this week and she just wasn't home :), all without changing screens or swapping between apps. Messages stays open on one screen and all the searching and screenshots happening on another.

Another great feature - open 2 browser apps and do some price comparison shopping! Yeah - the holidays are full of deals. Doing side by side with Amazon/BestBuy/Walmart etc was a great help to ensure I got the best deals.

OK, here's something cool... Turn on the camera, put it in 'selfie mode' then at the top left of the screen there's a little dual screen icon. Tap the icon to get the image from your selfie camera to show up on it. - Now, fold the dual screen all the way around and aim the selfie camera at something you want to take a picture of (or a person). Cool thing here is the subject of your photo can see themselves on the screen AND you can take the photo of them from the other screen. Basically, it's a mirror for the person you're taking a picture of. You can also change the pixels of the selfie cam up to 32 megapixels. Not too shabby.

What else - it's basically it's own stand. The case is built very durable and the hinges are strong. This means you can set up the device at multiple angles for watching your screens - e.g. Using the keyboard while looking up song chords on chrome... I was able to keep the screen angled partly up so the other guys playing music with me were able to see. I was using the other screen to type in my searches flat on a piano. Again, cool use cases for this thing.

Protection - the case fully protects the phone. It's in perfect condition with no screen protector. Case covers the entire thing while it's in a pocket etc. Some dust gets in around the top of the device and speaker area, but easy to wipe away.

I have to take the LG G8x ThinQ for a test drive without the case next. I'm sure it'll be a great solid performer on its own. I wonder if it'll perform 'quicker' without using memory to run the 2nd screen? Seems quick already, but probably worth looking into

Post image

Post image

Post image

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: I am super lucky to be able to take part in the Sprint Device Ambassador program. The Product Ambassadors love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of  devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassadors shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint or the device manufacturers. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. My opinions are my own. I am a Device Ambassador and Blogger... I am not a Corporate or Device Manufacturer spokesperson. #SprintProductAmbassador 

#LG #LGG8x #LGG8XDualDisplay #DualDisplay #ThinQ