cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V60 - Outstanding sound output

Sprint Product Ambassador

LG V60 - Outstanding sound output

speaker-sound-waves-oscillating-dark-red-light_42077-3634.jpg

LG V60 is quite an amazing phone. I guess I am still in that infatuation stage, but I hope it never ends. I have been messing with the phone and did not realize that whenever I play music, I noticed the sound comes from both the front firing speaker and the bottom speaker at the same time. I found this to be simply great. I liked the fact that I no longer had to angle the phone base towards me to get the full sound experience. This made me wonder how loud these speakers are and do they provide good well-rounded sound output. 

Obviously, the sound output on its own at full blast seemed to fill a room and oddly enough it was well balanced to the speakers and their location on the phone. The sound from the front speaker handles more of the higher frequency with the bottom speaker built with a base chamber to allow for a subtle low to come through more. This got me thinking how loud is loud. So, I decided to test the decibel(dB) output and find out. For this test I do not own any sound test equipment but downloaded an application "Decibel X Pro" it had over 100k download and an average of 3.9 star review so I figured it maybe one to use and test with. Though keep in mind I am not an audio engineer and I was merely just playing to see the advantages of the speakers themselves.  

To get the best sound in my opinion I found enabling the LG 3D Sound Engine allowed for a deeper sound to be present. To enable this, navigate Settings – Sound - Sound quality and effects - Select LG 3D Sound Engine - Enable it. I also changed the immersive sound from Auto to Cinema. This was the only change I made the equalizer was set to normal meaning no EQ was being used.

When running the test, I was able to see the following:

The maximum output recorded reached 115.8dB Peaking at 116.2 with a minimum recording of 61.4 and an average of 111.1dB.

Screenshot_20200705-085716.pngScreenshot_20200705-110426.png

Now I did not stop there No Sir Ree Bob. I thought to myself, "Self" if I was an audio engineer what else would I do. That is right we need to test the actual sound quality. So, I listened to the good Ole master audio engineers from Cambridge Audio. I figured they have been listening to speakers and sound quality for over 47 years they should know a thing or two and sure enough they had a nice article already created. Rather than taking and reapply that information here I will leave a link for all to visit cambridgeaudio. As Their article depicts they broke down the testing of speakers into categories (well rounded tracks, tracks with dynamics range, Foot-tap-ability, Bass, listen all the way through tracks).

I took the test with the LG V60 and yeah yeah yeah I know the sound on the V60 will no way be able to relate to an actual full and true speaker. That’s not what I was going for, I wanted to know does the V60 have good overall sound quality. Let me tell you, I tested all the tracks and I was happy. I felt the V60 held good with all the highs and mids, though as you all aware the lows while present were subtle. In some songs you get that nice thump being heard, but in no way was a vibrational thump. Though it was there thanks to the base chamber. If you wish to feel the sensation of good music, please feel free listen. Now I did not develop this test I am only passing along this great info. 

Overall, I am very pleased with the sound output the LG V60 provides. From my standpoint its output was louder than some of my other devices and the overall quality I felt was great for the device. I think in the future this may be a great area manufactures could expand on.

Enjoy and remember never use your phone or tablet while driving, be safe and healthy.

Check out some of my other blogs on the LG V60 ThinQ:

The-Dual-Display-you-know-you-need-LG-V60 

LG-V60-ThinQ-Dual-Screen-More-Power-Than-I-can-Handle 

Disclaimer:
        The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

6 Comments
Wizard

Good review. Like the decibel test.

GrandMaster

awesome review as usual. and full agreement. the sound with this thing is pretty nice. i dont listen to music very often through it but rather through whatever BT set up i have...Netflix on the other hand is all through the device speakers...i put it into my desk alcove area so lighting doesnt affect my watching..so the sound rolling out of there is pretty great..now to test with the LG 3D Sound Engine turned on.

GrandMaster

good to see you alive and kicking @twospirits 

Wizard

Hey @fireguy_6364  whats up. Long time no write. Yeah for some reason my access getting into the Advocate forums was messed up for quite a while. Then the redesign and then Rob sent me the re-invite back, but it didn't work. After a few retries I gave up. Finally after resetting everything, I got back into the regular forum part. 

Dave out

GrandMaster

uno momento porfavor (pretty sure i butchered all that..but you get what i was attempting lol)

Wizard

lol