cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V60 ThinQ Dual Screen 5G - Charging and Charging Adapter

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hey everyone! 

I’m back with another installment blog on the amazing LG V60 ThinQ Dual Screen 5G!

Today’s note is about charging the Dual Screen, extra adapters and wireless charging!

Charging –

I mentioned in my previous blog, which you can read HERE, that the LG V60 ThinQ Dual Screen 5G includes a Dual Screen Charging Adapter in the box and that you’d need more than one.  It’s true, you will, because you’ll find yourself needing to “plug” in the phone in more than just a single place and may not bring the adapter with you! 

The LG V60 ThinQ Dual Screen 5G can charge one of three ways:

1. Standard USB C connection (with Dual Screen removed)
  2. Wireless Charging (with/without Dual Screen attached)
  3. USB C to magnetic adapter charging (with Dual Screen attached)

If you’ve gotten the Dual Screen edition, no doubt you’ll either be using Wireless Charging or the USB C to Magnetic adapter instead of standard USB C.  Here’s where a little investment comes in.

How to obtain an LG V60 ThinQ Dual Screen 5G Charging Adapter

You’ll need to head directly to LG to obtain this accessory.  Unfortunately, it’s not currently available from the T-Mobile Accessory Store online.   Fortunately for you, here’s the LINK to the accessory page on LG’s website!

The charging adapter is currently $8.99 with some additional costs for shipping.  I would recommend purchasing at least two to compensate for the shipping costs. 

Few call outs about this charging adapter:

• It’s ONLY for LG V60 ThinQ Dual Screen 5G, older models not supported
  • It does not come with a power adapter or USB Cable, just the charging adapter to attach to the Dual Screen
  • It is fast-charging compatible and is OEM quality, so you’re covered there!

I purchased 2 of the adapters and it cost me ~$18.00 and an additional $8.00 for shipping.   All in all, under $30.00 to obtain multiple charging adapters is pretty good in my book.

LG ORDER.png

Using the Dual Screen Adapter

The Dual Screen Charging Adapter is great. It never misses a connection with the device and it always connects smoothly and instantly via the magnetic connection.  I never have to fumble with plugging in the USB C to the device.

Webp.net-gifmaker (1).gif

You might be wondering – does the charging adapter work for just charging, or can it support USB like Android Auto or music?  Well wonder no more – it’s the latter!   The charging adapter doesn’t prevent any use of the handset through means like Android Auto or using your phone over USB for music playback!  Just attach, select, and go!

There is one minor call-out that I’ll make about how the device works when connected in this manner.  I use Android Auto quite consistently and I’ve had numerous occasions where I’ve had my phone connected to Android Auto, turned the car off, then grabbed my phone.  Meanwhile, my phone was “sleeping” during the Android Auto connection and didn’t kill that app upon disconnecting the charging/USB adapter. Therefore, when I opened the Dual Screen, the Android Auto app was opened, and my music began playing as if it was connected to the car.  It’s frustrating, but easy to prevent by waking your phone up prior to disconnecting from Android Auto.  

If you’re looking to ensure you have charge wherever you go – I’d highly recommend spending a few extra bucks on some charging adapters, so you’re always connected and powered up. 

Here are a few additional photos of the charging adapter: 

USB C / Magnetic ConnecitonUSB C / Magnetic ConnecitonAccessory Packaging from LGAccessory Packaging from LG

Wireless Charging

I mentioned Wireless Charging in my preview above and want to make sure I don’t’ skip it.  I have become heavily reliant on Wireless Charging on my bedside, my desk, virtually anywhere except my vehicle where wireless charging can be a bit difficult to obtain.   With that comes some challenges with the LG V60 ThinQ Dual Screen 5G. 

Because of the size of the LG V60 ThinQ Dual Screen 5G, it may not always connect to a wireless charger on the first try (or even two).  I’ve woken up a few times with a nearly dead device because overnight it wasn’t connected to the Wireless Charger well enough to charge.  It appears the coil is very specific in placement and must be in direct alignment with the wireless charger.   So, before you walk way, validate your phone is charging and you’ll be good to go.

As always, thanks for stopping by!

Troy

Please note:  Each Product Ambassador shares his or her own opinions of various devices, therefore the information in this post and others by the author and Product Ambassador Team do not necessarily reflect the opinions of T-Mobile. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and are not compensated for their content.