cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG has finally produced the LG V60 ThinQ as the best phone to date IMHO

Sprint Product Ambassador

Having use the LG V60 ThinQ dual screen in the last few weeks, I have determined this is the phone for me.  Finally, I think LG has perfected its delivery a great device to the consumers like me.  I will go through some of the reasons why I am saying so.

Like the LG G8x ThinQ dual screen, I love the simplicity of the design of a large screen.  It works well and not a lot of risks and expensive parts like the foldable phones that we have seen.  The reason the LG G8x ThinQ fell short for me was the picture quality of the camera.

The LG V60 phone came in a huge box to store the 6.8” screen phone: huge! and much larger than the usual phone boxes I have seen. The dual screen case comes is a separate box in the same package.

LG V60 ThinQ box and the dual screenLG V60 ThinQ box and the dual screen

The Sprint LG V60 comes provisioned with T-mobile service, so basically it is a T-mobile phone.  You can take advantage of the nationwide 5G network from T-mobile now and do not have to wait for the full integration of Sprint and T-mobile network.

SPrint LG V60 provisioned for T-mobile networkSPrint LG V60 provisioned for T-mobile network

The phone is relatively big and heavy!  With case open, most of the time I use the phone with two hands.  However, I can use the Wacom Bamboo Ink pen with the LG V60 , therefore, it is perfect for the 2-hand operation.  I end up carrying the pen and use it most of the time with the phone.  A very productive device indeed.  Will share more on this unique pen feature.  I think LG V60 now can be a great competitor to the Galaxy Note series.

LG keeps 3 cameras (wide 0.5x, normal 1.0x and zoom 2.0x) for the rear camera, however, in a bold move, LG adds a 64MP mode to the rea camera.  This is truly awesome.  I will explore this feature in more details and see how a small phone camera can take advantage of the high-resolution image sensor.  So far, I am very happy with the image quality, I am posting a few here as an example.  These photos are straight from camera with no edit.

My model Bowie under very low light conditionMy model Bowie under very low light condition

capturing the natural sunset lighting!capturing the natural sunset lighting!

Another sunset photo!Another sunset photo!

So far, the 5000mA battery has kept my phone running all day.  At first it did not because I always have the dual screen on.  I am now getting into the habit of turning the dual screen off and only turn on when I need it.  The 5000mA battery does have enough juice to last me through the whole day.

LG is also very aggressive on the pricing of this phone; on Sprint the full price of the phone is $799 and $899 for the dual case option.  It is very good price compared to other flagship devices.  At this price and the features that you get I believe LG can start making some penetration into the phone handset market.

Overall, I have found the phone to be a very productive device with its dual screen capability, great for multitasking as well as using the second screen as a reference for activity on the main screen.

So, if you are in a market for a phone, I highly recommend you check out this LG V60 if you do not worry about the size of the phone.

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.