cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My First Few Weeks with the LG G Pad F2 8.0 Tablet - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

My First Few Weeks with the LG G Pad F2 8.0 Tablet - Sprint Product Ambassadors

LGPad.jpg

So it’s been a short while with my little LG tablet and I just can’t help thinking how much I missed this little side kick of a device. We’ve got so accustomed to having big and well to do phones that we almost forget how having a larger screen makes the experience often so much better.  It’s true, the OS is the same, but the form factor often gives you a whole new refinement of apps you can use and if you haven’t experienced the difference, you just might want to take a look.

My first example is NEST.  Yes, I mentioned this in my previous blog but I can’t stress enough how night and day this is between even the fastest phone and even a modestly equipped tablet.  On my LG G Pad, NEST is my never fail baby monitor. Outlines all 8 of my home security cameras on one screen and navigates so much better than the apps smartphone counterpart. Not to mention the larger screen allows me to see more, much clearer and literally can take hours and hours of still images without a spec of screen burn in.  The LG G Pad is my new best friend.

Other great and honorable mentions are the Kindle app.  Something that I seldom use on my phone due to the size but looks so good on The LG G Pad.  This is especially so due to the 8” screen (Nice comfortable size so reminiscent of a paperback novel) and thoughtful Blue Filter which is hardcoded to the quick button by default.  What is the Blue Filter you ask?  Well it’s being used more and more with many devices and I summarize it clearly as taking the headache out of screen reading.  It achieves this by cutting out the blue overtones which may look great on pictures but are torture for reading, especially books.  I’m so happy to see this added to tablets now adays.  It allows me to lose the e-reader and consolidate all my media on one central device.

If you are a fan of Amazon in general, rest assured the installed Amazon app is actually “Amazon for tablets” which still has a few subtle enhancements that I tend to like.  Years ago this was pretty big deal but is getting more and more seamless between the mobile phone enabled app. I’m always happy to say Amazon in general is often a reference ecommerce experience and regardless if you are shopping on your LG G Pad or smartphone, you are sure to have a great experience.

Another good ecommerce site that has done a good job bridging the gap between a tablet and smart phone app is Newegg. You only get one choice nowadays and it’s called “Newegg Mobile” still you get a slightly better layout on the LG G Pad so it makes better shopping experience as a whole.  Extra columns and alternate images make shopping a bit more exciting and unfortunately I tend to spend a few more dollars as a result.

Again, all and all a tablet really picks up where a phone drops off and there is no easier way to enter the world of cellular tablets than with the LG G Pad F2 8.0.  A perfect gift that gives the whole year through.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.